Just booked a French Door!

dulcimergirl

We have had the french door numerous times and have it again on the Pride in Nov. We always choose one directly between two lifeboats giving us more view and light. Same size as a balcony room,,,,,just don't try to step out on a balcony!!!:p

We have opened the door several times but don't care for it. Most the time (when we were sailing) it was too humid for my husband to leave the door open as he has breathing issues. We do open it up to look out quite a bit though. We love these rooms. Booked balconies in the past but hardly us it so we like this room,,,,that way we get the sofa.

The french door cabins seem like a good deal. We usually book an ocean view or balcony based on the best prices. We like the daylight. The french door allows you to open the door, but there is just a railing, no balcony to walk out onto. They are located behind the life boats. No view, but plenty of sunlight.

We booked them twice on an other Spirit class ship. The price was the same or only slightly above the price for an inside cabin. Both times, we ended up being upgraded one deck, to obstructed balcony cabins (behind the tops of the life boats). These cabins were also very good.

Be aware, however, that some or all of the handicap "french door" category cabins don't have french doors, just a standard fixed ocean view type window.

I will be anxious to hear what you and others have to say.

depends what month you are sailing.

if it is hot and humid then keeping the doors open will make your cabin feel muggy.

this class ship -the airconditioning shuts off if the door is kept opened for prolong periods of time.

you want your door to be between two lifeboats and not in the middle.

deck plans are true-

the view of being smack inthe middle of the lifeboat

2667111040050360393KdQmUL_th.jpg

the view of being in a room between lifeboats

175722409IqxPTu_th.jpg

We are in 4130 sorta toward the end of a lifeboat. We shall see, thanks for the heads up. We are cruising Jan 20, so shouldn't be to hot. Price is just above an interior room. Well worth it I hope. 4F I believe. I might be wrong.

Fabulous - and unlike an ocean view, never mind an interior, you can open the window (or door in this case).

You will love it. If it gets too muggy, close the door. Easy peasy!

Kevin C

It's a 4K category on Spirit Class ships.

I have 4141 (in between lifeboats) booked on Miracle in May. It's an Alaskan cruise so I think it will be terrific. I have never had one before so I am really excited about it.

Just as Swayde noted, they are ONLY on "Spirit" Class ships, only on deck 4, and are Class 4-K. These cabins used to be the same price as an inside, but Carnival figured out that lots of folks (like me) LOVED these cabins, and they quickly bumped the price just a bit. They are, IMO, the best value on the ship, as you get fresh air, natural light, and the price just very slightly above an inside. We too, have been "bumped" from a 4-K to an obstructed balcony cabin, a couple of times. With a bit of planning, you can get a 4-K between the boats, and actually have a bit of a view as well. ;)

"SKY"

It's a 4K category on Spirit Class ships.

I have 4141 (in between lifeboats) booked on Miracle in May. It's an Alaskan cruise so I think it will be terrific. I have never had one before so I am really excited about it.

We have 4141 in Sept. It will be our 3rd cruise that we have picked that cabin. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it. It's a great room for the money.

Aboard the Legend. Kinda excited as thats something new to me. OK all you French Door lovers, tell me how they are, and if its a decent cabin. Can you leave the doors open at night? There will be 3 ladies in the cabin will we be comfy?

Thanks

DG

They are great rooms. Last November we had two rooms between the life boats, we loved our falcony. It turns the ac off, but we had a couple nights we slept with the doors open. In November it wasn't to hot, but it was nice. Have read on some post here that leaving the doors open does mess with the ac in other parts of the ship though. Not sure how true this is as I've also heard its just isolated to your room.

In any event we loved this room and if I were to sail the Legend or that class again I would book this type of room again.

Happy sailing!

• 4 months later...
We have 4141 in Sept. It will be our 3rd cruise that we have picked that cabin. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it. It's a great room for the money.

We just booked this cabin for our cruise that leaves on Jan 17th...how was it? please let me know what you think!

Paul

Archived