Ziplining

johnmik1

We ziplined in St. Lucia and it was great except that there were many, many steps to get to each platform. There were 12 lines but I quit after 6 due to the stairs. We zip lined in Oco Rios and it was a breeze. Don't know about any other.

We ziplined in St. Lucia and it was great except that there were many, many steps to get to each platform. There were 12 lines but I quit after 6 due to the stairs. We zip lined in Oco Rios and it was a breeze. Don't know about any other.

There are actually 3 different zipline areas in St. Lucia and each offers very different experiences. They do not all have loads of steps to the platforms. St. Lucia offers the option of ziplining either over or through virgin rainforest canopy, the arial tram, waterfal and zipine combo, mountain bike/zipline combo or zipline past the Pitons - very unique experiences. The 2 different options are Morne Coubaril/St Lucia Hotwire (Pitons and plantation tour), Rainforest Adventures (arial tram and ziplines) and Treetop Adventures- waterfall, mountain biking, challenge course and ziplining (longest and highest lines on the island) May be worth checking out their respective websites to see what each offers before making up your mind completely (and the ship tours are either Treetop or Ranforest Adventures, depends on if they mention a tram ride or not)

Good luck, and enjoy whichever you choose.

I agree w/ Reed Princess. I've been to the zipliine at Treetop Adventures and it's still the fastest one I've ever been on even though I've been on half a dozen other lines in other places. I would recommend it highly! Had a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We want to go ziplining again and have a choice between St Lucia and Antigua,any opinions as to which is better?

We have not ziplined in Antigua but we have zipped in St. Kitts and in St. Lucia.

There are three different zipline operations in St. Lucia. They are located at:

1. TreeTop Adventure Park in Dennery

2. Morne Coubaril Estate in Soufriere

3. Rainforest Sky Tram Park in Babonneau

In 2011 we zipped at the TreeTop Adventure Park in Dennery. We combined the zipline with the challenge course and rainforest hike to Errand Falls. The Dennery zipline consists of 12 lines and is advertised as having the highest and fastest lines from all the other ziplines in St. Lucia. You are required to wear gloves and breaking is achieved by pulling down on the line. Keep in mind that some of the zipline platforms are high and require you to climb stairs to get up to the line--so not recommended if you have mobility issues. My sons were aged 19, 16 and 12 and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our time here.

To read my review and see photos of our zipline experience in St. Lucia, check out my review on Trip Advisor and/or watch my youtube video's:

Review with Photos: "Awesome Day from Start to Finish"

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe...a.html#REVIEWS

YouTube video's

Part 1: Ziplining at the TreeTop Adventure Park, St. Lucia

Part 2: The Challenge Course

Part 3: Rainforest Hike and Errand Falls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG2vR...Dc6HzA&index=9

Flying through the rainforest at TreeTop Adventure Park

IMG_2777.jpg

Can anyone tell me which one had all the stairs? Would like to avoid if possible.

TreeTop Adventure Park has many high platforms which requires you to climb stairs to get to the next zip line, like this:

IMG_0209.jpg

...and this!

IMG_0203.jpg

Archived