2 People Can't Book a 3-Person Cabin?

seatides

I'm going to Bermuda on the Voyager of the Seas in July. I've been reading about how great the aft rooms are with their extra-large balconies and tried to book one. The TA told me that Royal Caribbean won't allow two people to book a three-person cabin (which the aft cabin I wanted was). He called RC to check and he said they wouldn't allow this.

My question: is this really true? The TA did say that I could try closer to the sailing date to see if there are three-person cabins left, or I could ask when we get on the ship.

Thanks!

That doesn't sound right. Especially since the cruise is in July, which is pretty close. Have you tried calling RCCI yourself? I was in a 4 person room by myself on my last cruise.

The only rooms I've heard of RCCI having minimum booking #s for are the Family Staterooms and Family Suites, but I may be wrong.

I was told the same thing regarding our HAL cruise this Fall. However, our TA was persistant, and got the cabin reserved for us, anyway.

Stay on them... hopefully, you will get to book the cabin you want! ;)

I have heard that although you may be able to book a triple or a quad even if you don't need the additional berths, you may be moved to a double room if somebody wants to book a triple or quad and there aren't any left. Of course, the cruiseline would like to get money for each and every berth so you can't blame them. Just something to keep in mind.........it could happen.

Sounds like you are trying to book that cabin during a high season time.

I booked an aft on the VOyager that held three people. I ws also told that since we booked a cabin that held three if the ship sells out and they need a cabin for three people I could be moved.

Yes, sailing during a high season you will find it harder and harder to book a cabin that holds 3 people.

If you do book this cabin with three deposits...and you will cancel one... you could again be moved. (by then your choices of cabins may not be to your likeing==then what.

You're right -- I'd rather have my choice now than be moved to something I don't want later. Right now I think I have a "bump/hump" cabin -- it's 8322 -- so maybe I should just stick with it since I hear these are good too!

I hope that is not true. I want to book a minisuite on the caribbean princess in jan 07 for my honeymoon. Of course it will just be me and my husband but minisuites hold a min. of 3 passengers, and most hold 4. I think if I'm putting up the extra money for the minisuite I should get it no matter what. We want the couch and extra room (so we are paying for it) plus it has a wonderful aft location with a big balcony.

I think if I'm putting up the extra money for the minisuite I should get it no matter what. We want the couch and extra room (so we are paying for it) plus it has a wonderful aft location with a big balcony.

Sailing in the begining of January you have a better chance of booking and keeping that cabin for 2 people then you do sailing in summer time. Granted you may be paying the premium price for that cabin but if the cruise lines can get more money putting a 3rd person in there...they will grab the more money.

If the agent you are booking with is good--she will warn you that this could happen.

oh...and I would be PISSED if I pay for a minisuite and get bumped DOWN to a regular balcony, I would be hittin someone! lol

I don't think that they CAN "downgrade" you, if you booked a minisuite... If they had to move you, it would be to an equal or higher cabin category. (unless things have changed drastically with the lines!)

Just for everybody's information, I e-mailed Royal Caribbean about this question from their website and received this response:

Your travel agent is correct. Those staterooms that can hold 3 or 4 guests are reserved for triples and quads only.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

But I don't want to be moved! I spent WEEKS picking the cabin I won't: fully covered balcony, aft (able to see both side AND back), big enough balcony for both loungers and table and chairs...it's my honeymoon, the ONLY time I would ever spend that much money on a vacation. I wouldn't want to be moved to the front or middle or open balcony...I don't care if it is a full suite, I want what I pick.

I had the same problem with Carnival. I used to be able to book our kids into triples and quads even if there was just two of them in a cabin, but not anymore. I tried to do that about two weeks ago. Wanted to put two of the kids into a triple, as a friend may be joining them, but won't know for some time yet (the cruise is for May 2006). Anyway, Carnival wouldn't allow it. I was told if down the road we need a triple, we'd have to move all 3 out of the double occupancy cabin to a triple occupancy cabin (assuming one would be available). However, I would have to pay the prevailing rate. In other words, if the price went up, although the first two were already booked, I would have to pay the higher price for all 3 of them.

Crazychick, make sure that your TA has put a "no upgrade" notation on your reservation. Heck, have him/her put "honeymoon" on there, too. And take a deep breath!:D We have always been in cabins that would hold 3 or more, and have never, ever, ever been moved. Ever. I don't think it happens very often once you've actually booked the cabin.

Deep breaths.....

It really depends on when you are sailing- during peak season for cruising youwill not be able to book 2 people into that cabin that holds three people.

Crazychik-- what month are you sailing? I agree with the above poster--call your agent and make a notation on your booking that you will refuse any upgrades.

Gerif, if it were up to me, that's what I would do. But I have another situation that may be a problem for us. We have four kids and they are bringing some friends with them. One of our kids is sharing a triple with two of his friends (the three of them are booked into a triple). Two of our other sons are sharing a double occupancy cabin. One of our other sons is sharing a cabin with his girlfriend. It's the last son I'm concerned with. If he and his girlfriend are no longer an item a year from now, that leaves him in a cabin alone. I refuse to pay the single occupancy rate, so he'd more or less be left out in the cold. Couldn't move him to the double occupancy cabin, since it holds only two. Couldn't move him to the triple occupancy cabin, since there are already three in there. He assures me they won't be breaking up, so we'll see!

Archived