Best Day to go to the Steakhouse?

Cruise number 5 coming up and I will finally be on a ship with a steakhouse. :D Which day is best to book during a 7 day cruise? I would like to be in the MDR for formal nights and whatever day they have Tiramisu (my favorite dessert).

Where can I find current dinner menus for the Liberty?

Cruise number 5 coming up and I will finally be on a ship with a steakhouse. :D Which day is best to book during a 7 day cruise? I would like to be in the MDR for formal nights and whatever day they have Tiramisu (my favorite dessert).

First night cruising….The MDR is not special that night and you get a free bottle of wine on that night. Worth it to me.

:D

I not have the link to the menu's any longer but for us we totally agree with Stu that our least liked menu is the first evening and our second one is 3rd evening.

Soooo, wouldn't that mean that the steakhouse would be a good choice for the 1st night?

We usually go on night 1, and then a second time on night 3 or 4. If you do a search for Zydecocruiser on google you will find the menus for a 7 day cruise. They are pretty much served in the order shown although there could be some difference.

Enjoy the steakhouse.

Stu your right about the cheapest wine but some people like to know they getting something more for their money, now that sure explains my parents!! :eek:

I chose the first night just not care at all for the menu, not mentioning father in law has to eat early because of medications so we chose the early seating and well the first day is just a rush to get showered dress and get to dinner we feel even going half hour later that give us more time to get ready for the night.

We always like to meet the MDR staff but Im sure this year we will be put to a large table since they took away the request and my experiences at large tables were they not speak english, rude people, kids not behaving and that very seldom drunk or guy that has a loud mouth embarrasing us lol so we just go to the MDR the second evening at least to us its the best of all the weeks menu's if we not care for the people at the table you bet we book that steakhouse for the other two nights we were planning eating in the MDR. lol

Whatever day is your least favorite menu in the mdr.

Stu your right about the cheapest wine but some people like to know they getting something more for their money, now that sure explains my parents!! :eek:

I chose the first night just not care at all for the menu, not mentioning father in law has to eat early because of medications so we chose the early seating and well the first day is just a rush to get showered dress and get to dinner we feel even going half hour later that give us more time to get ready for the night.

We always like to meet the MDR staff but Im sure this year we will be put to a large table since they took away the request and my experiences at large tables were they not speak english, rude people, kids not behaving and that very seldom drunk or guy that has a loud mouth embarrasing us lol so we just go to the MDR the second evening at least to us its the best of all the weeks menu's if we not care for the people at the table you bet we book that steakhouse for the other two nights we were planning eating in the MDR. lol

We can always find something interesting to enjoy at the DR and have had very good luck with our tablemates over the years so when we go to steakhouse it is something we decide once we are on board spur of the moment.

Hi Stu!!

Your lucky you been lucky with table mates....its been about four years now that we just request small table actually maybe that was because we cruised only on RCI the past 5 cruises and they offer the request, but my past two carnival cruises the last one being 3 years ago we were sitting at a table with people that did not speak English it was awkward but I not let it bother me. It would of been nice if we could communicate and have a nice time but it just wasen't that way. The year prior to this we were on I think it was the Glory had a guy that really had a loud mouth and fowl mouth (I not mind but at dinner lol) and a couple with a child that cried loud. That mother should of taken her child out of the dining room and settle him down but again I not understand how a child at the age of 4 could carry on so badly and how parents can be so rude to others surrounding them. As a result we only want small table but Carnival not offer us this option.

We always would decide to dine at the specialty restaurants spur of the moment like you do, but last years cruise we figured we thought both Chops and Portofino's on the Freedom of the Seas was excellent lets just prebook them and we also got the opportunity of paying before the cruise which we like. Your allowed to cancel and they would put the credit to your sign and travel card but we never cancelled last year not one evening.

We decided to book four evenings ahead of the cruise only because Carnivals quality and selection has decreased to us. We not like comfort foods we not eat meatloaf, fried chicken and such....and then I love my beef (have to eat it often becaue I am severly anemic..iron pills not work on me nor from getting iron from other foods...I have a medical problem that creates this issue in me) but have figured out after eating alot of red meat that my anemia is borderline if I eat less red meat than normal I get very anemic again. So this is one reason why I like to eat quality steak and served medium rare...the more you cook meat the less iron and protein you get it just kills it off the heat of cooking. I tried the flat iron three times two different cruises and it just wasen't what I am used to in eating steak so we figured heck its a vacation lets just book up four evenings at the Steakhouse and really have a great dinner. We do enjoy the menu during formal evenings so we definately not miss them. We not care of the last night the singing and all that because they just make us wait for our dessert...just not think the "show"s are necessary during dinner.

Im really looking forward to dining at the Steakhouse and Punchliners!! Just to get on the ship is all I want lol

Personally i think many people overplan their cruise. Most nights the steakhouse is not close to being full and the first night they give away the cheapest wine they have.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think we will do the middle of the week because we will probably be tired of the MDR by then.

Stu.... I overplan everything. A week ago I planned what I would be doing today by the minute. :rolleyes: My boyfriend is the very spontaneous go with the flow type so we balance each other out.

We have booked the steakhouse for first night of our upcoming cruise. We always eat one night in the speciality restuarant but have never gone on the first night. Got to thinking that when we wait and go later in the cruise we have been eating and eating for several days and are never really hungry. The first day we will actually be hungry at dinner and I think we will enjoy it much more. Plus being able to choose our time to eat that night. We plan on going into the MDR to meet our waiter and tell him we won't be eating there that night but to expect us the next night. We travel with family and always sit together so meeting new table mates is not a problem.

And the free bottle of wine will be a nice touch.

IMHO better to just pick a night and not worry. First night we like to meet our tablemates and dining room servers.

I agree. I prefer to meet my table mates and staff the first night. I just pick a convenient night and go.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think we will do the middle of the week because we will probably be tired of the MDR by then.

Stu.... I overplan everything. A week ago I planned what I would be doing today by the minute. :rolleyes: My boyfriend is the very spontaneous go with the flow type so we balance each other out.

The funny thing is I am generally the planner in the family, my wife is content for me to take care of all of the details and tell her periodically what we are doing.

As long as it works for the two of you that is all that is important. Have a great cruise.

Archived