New to NCL, when and what can I book ahead?

psyfi

We are new to NCL. I saw something about being able to book entertainment and dining ahead of time. We are planning to do the Breakaway to Bermuda and I would be interested in selecting some restaurants and entertainment for the days at sea, when I know I will have time. Plus we will be celebrating our anniversary on board so I want to make sure that night is extra special. (any suggestions for that?) we will definitely want to see Rock of Ages and the cirque show, possibly eat at the Brazilian steakhouse, and maybe the French restaurant, people seem to like that one (the name escapes me).

So how far in advance can I book these things? I understand if I book in advance, then I have to pay upfront, what is the cancellation policy (let's say we are sick due to rough water or something).

Thanks in advance.

You can book 45 days before your cruise. The French restaurant is Le Bistro. We have not tried it yet, but we have heard good things.

On our last sailing, the cancellation policy for dining was 24 hours to receive a refund. You can always book on board too.

The other poster is correct, although if you are in a suite, I believe you can start booking things 60 days out instead.

Some suggestions to make your cruise special:

Have the cabin decorated for your anniversary

Have champagne delivered either at embarkation or on your anniversary

Same with flowers

Same with chocolate covered strawberries

Book a photo session

Order a cake (if you do the decoration package, cake is included)

I'm not sure if NCL does a couples massage

P.S. I've eaten at Le Bistro a few times and was never disappointed.

45 days. Cancel 24 hours in advance or forfeit you payment. We always wait until we board, have never not been able to get what we wanted. Only a small percentage of space is allowed to book in advance, majority is saved for on board reservations. The only place that is difficult to get into is Tepenyakki.

We are new to NCL. I saw something about being able to book entertainment and dining ahead of time. We are planning to do the Breakaway to Bermuda and I would be interested in selecting some restaurants and entertainment for the days at sea, when I know I will have time. Plus we will be celebrating our anniversary on board so I want to make sure that night is extra special. (any suggestions for that?) we will definitely want to see Rock of Ages and the cirque show, possibly eat at the Brazilian steakhouse, and maybe the French restaurant, people seem to like that one (the name escapes me).

So how far in advance can I book these things? I understand if I book in advance, then I have to pay upfront, what is the cancellation policy (let's say we are sick due to rough water or something).

Thanks in advance.

NCL offers several "Romance Packages"... http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

• 4 months later...
hi, just found this board..just booked my first ncl cruise!Going on the breakaway in August. Does anyone know what shows they charge for? rock of ages? if so how much? any other shows costs> thanks so much! so excited!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There is no charge for Rock of Ages. The only show that would have a cost would be Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy. Also, the Murder Mystery Lunch.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There is no charge for Rock of Ages. The only show that would have a cost would be Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy. Also, the Murder Mystery Lunch.

thank you so much for getting back to me!, I just found cruise critic, and I see me sending alot of time reading everything. Can you tell..so excited!

Archived