Carnival Magic 8/19/12 Review

cruiser fanatic

Day 4 Roatan

This morning started off with Breakfast in the dining room as we were eating our breakfast we heard 2 announcements one was a call for the Sierra Team not sure why. And the other one was to inform us that we would not be docking at the Mahogany Bay dock because of adverse weather Therefore they secured us a dock at a pier named Coxon Hole so this meant all of the Relax on the Beach packages and the Magic Flying chair was canceled. This Day we had an excursion with Carnival at Tabyana Beach a 30 minute bus ride to get there VERY pretty water here and at one side of the beach they have fish everywhere you can go take pictures of them in the water at no charge. They also had a Bananna Boat for the kids and obstacles in the water to play with for a fee. Just a note Lunch is NOT included the only thing that is free is Lemonade and Tea. Later that day as my son was leaving the water he got stung by a jellyfish but he was fine. So me and my husband went Ziplining and got him some cream for his sting while he went back to the ship. Dinner Tonight was in Cucina Del Capitano VERY BAD I do not recommend eating here for dinner VERY slow service and the food was not good. The show tonight was supposed to be Destination Unknown however the performer could not make it on the ship this day so we saw the show WIN instead very good show. Then it was off to bed for us.

Day 5 Belize Coming Up.

and she gave me a rave review about the ship, the embarkation, debark, and the food.

She and her husband usually sail on HAL, but her husband wanted to try out the Magic. It's certainly closer to Dallas than flying to Florida. She, on the other hand, was uncertain about Carnival, because they like "peace and quiet", as she put it.

She said there were over 1400 kids on the ship, but they rarely saw any of them; everyone was well behaved and kept busy.

I asked her about chair hogs and the time stickers- she said she never saw either.

She enjoyed the Comedy Brunch immensely (which kinda surprised me) the outside Promenade deck, and the Serenity deck.

If my co-worker was impressed (she strikes me as pretty particular and set in her ways) then it must have been spectacular!

Glad to hear more good things, since we will be boarding in 4 weeks and 6 days!:D

Day 4 Roatan

This morning started off with Breakfast in the dining room as we were eating our breakfast we heard 2 announcements one was a call for the Sierra Team not sure why. And the other one was to inform us that we would not be docking at the Mahogany Bay dock because of adverse weather Therefore they secured us a dock at a pier named Coxon Hole so this meant all of the Relax on the Beach packages and the Magic Flying chair was canceled. This Day we had an excursion with Carnival at Tabyana Beach a 30 minute bus ride to get there VERY pretty water here and at one side of the beach they have fish everywhere you can go take pictures of them in the water at no charge. They also had a Bananna Boat for the kids and obstacles in the water to play with for a fee. Just a note Lunch is NOT included the only thing that is free is Lemonade and Tea. Later that day as my son was leaving the water he got stung by a jellyfish but he was fine. So me and my husband went Ziplining and got him some cream for his sting while he went back to the ship. Dinner Tonight was in Cucina Del Capitano VERY BAD I do not recommend eating here for dinner VERY slow service and the food was not good. The show tonight was supposed to be Destination Unknown however the performer could not make it on the ship this day so we saw the show WIN instead very good show. Then it was off to bed for us.

Day 5 Belize Coming Up.

Enjoying your review.

Sierra team is for medical to bring a litter

And Coxen was the original port for Roatan before Carnival built Mahogany

I also am sailing on the Magic on 9/30/12 and I'm hoping to continue hearing good things about the ship. I'm patiently waiting to try the Comedy Brunch and just about Everything Else the Ship as to offer.

Keep the review coming!!

You will enjoy the Comedy Brunch menu Have Fun.

and she gave me a rave review about the ship, the embarkation, debark, and the food.

She and her husband usually sail on HAL, but her husband wanted to try out the Magic. It's certainly closer to Dallas than flying to Florida. She, on the other hand, was uncertain about Carnival, because they like "peace and quiet", as she put it.

She said there were over 1400 kids on the ship, but they rarely saw any of them; everyone was well behaved and kept busy.

I asked her about chair hogs and the time stickers- she said she never saw either.

She enjoyed the Comedy Brunch immensely (which kinda surprised me) the outside Promenade deck, and the Serenity deck.

If my co-worker was impressed (she strikes me as pretty particular and set in her ways) then it must have been spectacular!

Glad to hear more good things, since we will be boarding in 4 weeks and 6 days!:D

You will have so much fun Enjoy.

Day 5 Belize City

We woke up to have breakfast on the Lido Buffet this morning as we had an excursion this morning. Myself had an excursion through Coral Breezes to Caye Caulker HIGHLY recommend this excursion for those of you that like walking or enjoying the beach a very pretty island. My husband and son went on an excursion with Carnival it was Belize Cave Tubing with Lunch they said they had an 1:30 minute bus ride JUST to get there. They had to walk a 40 minute trail and only spend 45 minutes in the cave not very long but enjoyed it. They also said that their food was VERY good and they recommend it. I was on the last tender back to the ship as it took a while to get bach about 45 minutes. Also my husband and son said when they were sitting on the balcony they saw a lady jump off a tender boat alongside the ship she was ok but medically desembarked in Belize. This night was the 2nd elegant night which we did not do. We had dinner in the Dinning Room this night. Afterwards we went to see the show Destination Unkown the show that was supposed to play last night it was VERY good I highly recommend you going to this show. Afterwards we called it a night.

Day 6 Cozumel Coming Up

I was on the magic also during this cruise. My second time to sail her and both have been great experiences. We also enjoyed the comedy brunch on sea days. I agree that the Huevos rancheros were very good. We ate at the Italian restaurant at lunch one of our sea days and it was good. Too cheap to pay to eat there in the evening.

My favorite show was Marcus monroe the juggler. This is the second time we have gone to his show and loved it both times. Even though i know your thinking a "juggler", i would Highly recommended his show.

Regarding the Sierra team, they were called to assist a lady that fell on the wet lido deck and broke her ankle.

I also agree that this a very pleasant cruise with mostly well behaved kid and plenty of places to find an available deck chair. I chalk it up to Texas where people on the most part tend to be friendly and considerate of others. Been to New York and loved it but not always the friendliest place to visit.

Did you make it to any of the Comedy Shows? And which nights did they have a Comedian?

Larry Schmidt was -really- funny. I saw him at brunch at at the adult show. He was good at both. The adult show was adult without 10 curse words a minute.

Did you make it to any of the Comedy Shows? And which nights did they have a Comedian?

Yes i did make it to the shows they were really good both comedians were funny here was the schedule for my cruise.

Day 1 at the Welcome Aboard Show

Day 2 Sea day

Day 3 Sea day

Day 5 Belize City

Day 6 Cozumel.

Day 6 Cozumel Mexico

Today we had booked Passion Island through Carnival it met in the Showtime Theater at 7:30 we ended up leaving at 7:45 not too bad. Once at the pier we boarded a Cattamaran and it took us to the island about a 40 minute ride but every time we hit a big wave everyone got wet:D At the island we took some pictures met our gide and got to hang out on the beach for 3 hours the beach was PACKED but got a chair up front. My son Nick played on the water toys all day. The water is pretty here but not as pretty as in Belize or Roatan but still nice. Lunch is included in this tour which is very good. After lunch it was time to go, On the boat the guide talked for 20 minutes about giving them tips it was really annoying I wish tips were included in the price. Once back to the pier we went through a few shops and then back to the ship. Tonight we had the Gold, Platinum and Diamond party this party has improved since the last one. We ended up sailing about 45 minutes late because people were late getting back. Tonight we had dinner in the Dining room and then off to the show. The show was a juggler named Marcus Monroe HIGHLY recommend you going to this show he is better then a real Juggler. After the show we went to the Comedy show then off to bed.

Day 7 Last Day at Sea coming up :(

Day 7 Sea Day

This day started with breakfast in the dining room very good. Then we went to the Future Cruise Talk and got us a FCC and then went to sign up for the slot tournament did terrible. Next we went to the Waterworks with my son because none of us had done it yet. This day we took a nap in the afternoon as we were very tired as for some reason we woke up early. After the nap we went to the lanai hot tubs and chit chatted with friends. Dinner tonight was on the buffet as we did not want to go to the dining room. After dinner we went to kareoke and then to the show. The show tonight was Carnival Legends starring the passengers act and sing like a famous person very good show then off to bed. By the way when we returned to our cabin we found a note saying since we visited Belize we would need to go through extra screening through US Customs.

Debarkation coming up.

Debarkation Morning

Since we are platinum we were told to Meet in the Northern Lights Dining room at 7AM for self assist. Once off the ship we went through Customs they never had us do extra screening just wanted our form and asked if we had brought back any wine or champagne and that was it we then left the terminal to meet lighthouse parking to bring us back would use them again for sure.

Any questions ask away I also have the funtimes if anyone wants to know certain activites going on.

Archived