Cheap hotel near ''Concord Square''

dolittle

Could it be Place de la Concorde? If so, hotels nearby are some of the priciest in Paris.

There should be plenty of more reasonable priced hotels to choose from on the left bank...other side of the River Seine. The Paris Metro is easy to navigate if you can't find one within walking distance.

Lew

Agree with Lew. The drop off place is usually the Place de la Concorde where they have enough parking space to handle large buses (for a few minutes). But this is not an area of Paris where we would want to spend a night (we personally prefer the 5th 6th or Marais area). Finding a reasonably priced hotel is not easy in Paris since hotel prices are typical of many large cities. Your best bet is to look for smaller European-style hotels. If you go on a good booking engine like Venere.com you will be able to find some bargains. Trip Advisor is also a good place to look for recommendations. On the left bank in the Latin Quarter we like the Hotel des Grandes 'Ecole but this is not cheap and does not have elevators.

Hank

For the benefit of the OP when you see references such as 5th, 5th or 10th we are all talking about the Arrondissments which are the way they refer to the various districts of Paris (there are a total of 20). Many frequent travelers to Paris have their favorite arrondisements (mine is the 5th).

Hank

For the benefit of the OP when you see references such as 5th, 5th or 10th we are all talking about the Arrondissments which are the way they refer to the various districts of Paris (there are a total of 20). Many frequent travelers to Paris have their favorite arrondisements (mine is the 5th).

Yes, sorry, Hank is right. I just automatically gave you my favorite; it's near the Gare du Nord, the Gare de l'est, and the Canal St. Martin. It's still affordable (I've been staying there since 1972, when it was very scruffy and very affordable) and is now quite gentrified---or getting there. The 5th is absolutely lovely.

Archived