Silly question about luggage tags

jamscckmc

Preparing for a cruise has really changed in the last 10 years. Once they would send the documents...now ? ....touch luck if one doesn't have access to a computer.

If we are paying $1000+ for a cruise they could at least send us a package.

Make that tough luck...not "touch"....sorry about that.

We carry a real small stapler. You can get them at any office supply or even Walmart. We do not put the tags on until we drop them off either at the pier or at our ship transfer point at the airport. Never had any problems...knock on wood......

I use the tearable packing tape. I cover the tag with tape and slip it through the luggage handle. I add more tape to flatten it and secure it so it doesn't move around. I've been doing this for many years and never lost a tag.

Celebrity and RCCL send tags on request.

I bought plastic sleeves at Serendipity and have been using them for two years. That's 18 cruises for us and they are still going strong. Or, what I did at the beginning was buy a small stapler at the dollar store.
The plastic sleeves Pia mentioned work well and eliminate the need for staplers, packing tape, tie wraps, duck tape or anything else. An effective and inexpensive option, unless you are a fan of Rube Goldberg of course ;)

Everyone talks about Serendipity tags, but postage to UK is a bit overwhelming. I´ve managed to find similar tags for cruise here from a UK supplier

http://www.cruisegiftstore.com/cruise_etag_holder.htm

They also have some other cruise stuff, some silly, some cute, some I´ve not seen before and even a shower caddy

Sandy in Spain

I went on the advise of Pam CA, (thanks Pam) and ordered luggage tag holders from Serendipity on the 15th August they arrived today (29th) did use priority shipping though, I also ordered the shower caddy but one of the sucker hooks is broken, no big deal, but can't see how could of broken,:confused: hopefully won't need to use the hooks just the velcro.

Regards Mel

Archived