How long does an evening in the Steakhouse take

KORTAM

We average about an hour and 20 minutes unless we request a slow paced meal. We're there each evening and usually skip dessert.

Tom

Do you tell them you want to make it quick? Never heard of such a quick meal in steakhouse.

I would guess on how long it takes for you to eat , and the company you are with... I have had a meal at a burger king ( with a wonderful woman ) that took over an hour .. so I guess if you are enjoying the conversion, you take your time. :cool: TAKE YOUR TIME !!!

DW & I just did the steak house on the Freedom last week. Awesome! I timed it as we were curious, 1 hour 15 mins. This time would be longer for a larger number of people I'm sure. Our reservations we're at 8:00pm. Very surprised how few people were there.

I was told by the Maitre D' (sp?) at the Miracle steakhouse that they used to have piano music but they cut it out because the dinners were taking longer than the 2 hours normally allocated.

Do you tell them you want to make it quick? Never heard of such a quick meal in steakhouse.

We skip the "presentation" of the steaks (and often dessert). Also, we order our wine the night before - often have it decanted ~45 minutes prior to our arrival. So it's ready to go when we sit down.

Tom

We skip the "presentation" of the steaks (and often dessert). Also, we order our wine the night before - often have it decanted ~45 minutes prior to our arrival. So it's ready to go when we sit down.

Tom

You've got to admit your style is not what the average diner would ask for or want ;)

For us, it was just the 2 of us, and our dinner was about an hour and a half, perhaps a bit more. It was under 2 hours, regardless. This was on the Legend. We did not ask for quicker service and there wasn't much time between courses. They just kept bringing the next thing out as soon as we were finished with a course. There weren't very many tables when we were there...maybe that's why?

Just wondering so we can plan our evening. I would guess a couple hours.

We were kind of upset about our supper club experience on the Valor. We were left sitting for upwards of 20 minutes after we were done with our apps. The waitress just walked by. Finally DH waved her down and told her we were ready for the next course. 15 minutes later the entree finally arrived. We went thru the same thing between entree and dessert?. Almost 3 hours later we left.

There was a table of Carnival officers that came in shortly after us and that is where all of the attention was focused. GGGRRRRRR.

This was not our first time. We go to the supper club everytime we cruise. This time was just way way way to long.

The food is great and we do usually enjoy the experience.

I was told by the Maitre D' (sp?) at the Miracle steakhouse that they used to have piano music but they cut it out because the dinners were taking longer than the 2 hours normally allocated.

How silly. They would really think the music would add time to a meal. We actually enjoyed the live piano music. Thought it added something to the experience.

Archived