How long does an evening in the Steakhouse take

KORTAM

We were kind of upset about our supper club experience on the Valor. We were left sitting for upwards of 20 minutes after we were done with our apps. The waitress just walked by. Finally DH waved her down and told her we were ready for the next course. 15 minutes later the entree finally arrived. We went thru the same thing between entree and dessert?. Almost 3 hours later we left.

There was a table of Carnival officers that came in shortly after us and that is where all of the attention was focused. GGGRRRRRR.

This was not our first time. We go to the supper club everytime we cruise. This time was just way way way to long.

The food is great and we do usually enjoy the experience.

Similar experience on the Glory several years ago. CD and entertainment staff came in because rough seas cancelled the evening shows. It was like we disappeared. :mad:

You've got to admit your style is not what the average diner would ask for or want ;)

We are, admittedly, in the minority.

We were kind of upset about our supper club experience on the Valor. We were left sitting for upwards of 20 minutes after we were done with our apps. The waitress just walked by. Finally DH waved her down and told her we were ready for the next course. 15 minutes later the entree finally arrived. We went thru the same thing between entree and dessert?. Almost 3 hours later we left.

Three hours would drive me nuts!

How silly. They would really think the music would add time to a meal. We actually enjoyed the live piano music. Thought it added something to the experience.

A year or two after Carnival ditched the live music (back when it was the "Supper Club"), we sailed Celebrity for the first time and enjoyed dining in Murano - while a harpist set the mood. By the next time we took a Celebrity cruise they too had dropped the live music... :(

Tom

What if you want to slip out and have smoke between entrees. Is there usually a convenient door to the outdoor deck?

You would have to go through the main entrance to have a smoke. I do not think it would be too convenient. But, each ship may be different.

We really enjoyed the live music. We had a very nice 3 piece jazz group. We danced in between courses, very romantic. Wonder why they stopped live music, they have tons of musicians on contract.

the brand ambassador blamed it on lack of berths. i wonder what the real story was, but it occured when they dropped the term supper club to more reflect the ponderosa.

the brand ambassador blamed it on lack of berths. i wonder what the real story was, but it occured when they dropped the term supper club to more reflect the ponderosa.

... aren't they adding 182 new cabins on the "new" Carnival Sunshine?

Seems like that can't help but alter the staff to guest ratio (and not in a favorable way) unless they are also increasing the staff quarters capacity - wonder what the odds of that are?? ;)

Over the years, have they not increased both the number of tables served by the waiters and the number of cabins serviced by stewards? One would think that the apparent trimming of staff there must have freed up at least enough berths to keep a musical duo in the Supper Club (sorry, STEAKHOUSE) and even a 3-4 piece Caribbean band on Lido deck.... NAW!! :D

Tom

... aren't they adding 182 new cabins on the "new" Carnival Sunshine?

Seems like that can't help but alter the staff to guest ratio (and not in a favorable way) unless they are also increasing the staff quarters capacity - wonder what the odds of that are?? ;)

Over the years, have they not increased both the number of tables served by the waiters and the number of cabins serviced by stewards? One would think that the apparent trimming of staff there must have freed up at least enough berths to keep a musical duo in the Supper Club (sorry, STEAKHOUSE) and even a 3-4 piece Caribbean band on Lido deck.... NAW!! :D

Tom

But you must remember though that all of the changes were BRILLIANT

We skip the "presentation" of the steaks (and often dessert). Also, we order our wine the night before - often have it decanted ~45 minutes prior to our arrival. So it's ready to go when we sit down.

Tom

In May we were on the Glory and it took just over 3 hours and that is with getting manager involved. We had the earliest reservation at 5 30 and place was pretty deserted the first hour and still took forever.

But you must remember though that all of the changes were BRILLIANT

You're right... my bad! :o

Though I will sing high praises re:Guy's Burger Joint (as part of the 2.0 updates)!

In May we were on the Glory and it took just over 3 hours and that is with getting manager involved. We had the earliest reservation at 5 30 and place was pretty deserted the first hour and still took forever.

Maybe they had their CREW PARTY the night prior... ;)

Tom

Please, don't call me a "kill joy", but, I thought the steakhouse experience a bit too much. The price was fine, the food wonderful, but the portions were way too much. No, I can't complain about not getting my dollars worth, truly! But, if you were raised with the "clean your plate club", you're gonna be stuffed!

Hey, go for it! You won't go away hungry!;)

Maybe they had their CREW PARTY the night prior... ;)

Tom

Beats me but when I complained to the manager on the way out she really didnt do anything to make me feel better or give me a reason to come back.

All she said was she would speak to the waiter. The waiter was at fault but hardly the only one.

Please, don't call me a "kill joy", but, I thought the steakhouse experience a bit too much. The price was fine, the food wonderful, but the portions were way too much. No, I can't complain about not getting my dollars worth, truly! But, if you were raised with the "clean your plate club", you're gonna be stuffed!

Hey, go for it! You won't go away hungry!;)

I like the food portions to be bigger than smaller. I was raised "clean your plate club" but as I get older I have more discipline than I use to and enjoy getting my money's worth.

You've got to admit your style is not what the average diner would ask for or want ;)

Really you took a survey...I'm sorry but maybe for a special event. I just want to eat good food and go. It's never packed but they act like they are serving 500 people.

I'd rather eat lido buffet then waste all night. I have things to do! Going to try it one more time but only for the newbie I am taking.

I don't have to sit and please grandma anymore!

Really you took a survey...I'm sorry but maybe for a special event. I just want to eat good food and go. It's never packed but they act like they are serving 500 people.

I'd rather eat lido buffet then waste all night. I have things to do! Going to try it one more time but only for the newbie I am taking.

I don't have to sit and please grandma anymore!

I believe most people treat an evening in the steakhouse as a special evening. I wish you speedy meal next time. I'm sure your friend will find you a charming dinner companion. Perhaps you could ask for all of the courses to be brought at the same time... that might speed things up for you ;)

Enjoy :)

I believe most people treat an evening in the steakhouse as a special evening. I wish you speedy meal next time. I'm sure your friend will find you a charming dinner companion. Perhaps you could ask for all of the courses to be brought at the same time... that might speed things up for you ;)

Enjoy :)

We enjoy it for a nice leisure dinner and expect it to take 2 to 2 1/2 hours with servers being around to fill your needs.

Archived