Playing Princess Christmas Cruise Cabin Roulette

scanditaly

I am in a tiny predicament and could use some assistance figuring out my next move. We already have two rooms booked for the Dec 22 Sapphire, but will need one more.

The basic question is: How urgent is it for me to book this stateroom and still get the best price/value?

Please allow me to explain. Balcony room is booked for DH and I. Inside is booked for two teens.

I jumped the gun and cancelled booking for oldest DS and DIL due to some VISA issues on her part, and passport issues on his part. Big mistake. I had had children all booked together in IS (4 person) but lost that cabin. Well, now cabin fares have increased by a huge mark, and Princess' web site is saying that IS and OV are sold out. Final payment is just around the corner.

My hope is that other TA's have rooms blocked and must give them up by final payment, as well as Princess doing the same when FP is not received by those who cancel???

I'm not asking for absolute answers, just any relevant experiences that might suggest that perhaps I should not worry, cabins will be available after FP, or that I should get busy on the WWW right now hunting down any available staterooms, so that DS and DIL will be able to accompany us. Really feel silly starting this thread, as prior cancellations were my doing in the first place.:o

For the record, of the few cruises that we have ever taken, all have been booked out over a year in advance.

Thanks to any and all of you who will respond.

Christmas cruises are special and often sell out many months in advance. The prices will not go down (I can almost guarantee it based on taking many Christmas cruises) and cabins will be snapped up as soon as they become available.

If you really want them on the cruise with you, you'll have to suck it up and book whatever is available right now or, if possible, book a GTY in whatever category you can. If that still doesn't work, wait list. I think you know you blew it. :(

Thanks Pam, for your quick reply. I appreciate that you don't mince any words and get right to the point. Still stings a bit, though.
Look at it this way: you'll pay more now than you were paying before canceling but it'll be less than if you wait a few weeks. :) And, you'll be together for Christmas. That's priceless.

I agree with Pam, book what you can now. In looking online I see specific rooms available in IS cat. II and two Obs. OV categories. Most everything available in OV and IS is GTY, but is bookable at the moment. They are the same entry level price, so you might as well book the Obs. OV.

Have successfully booked the third room for oldest DS and DIL. It is a really good thing and will be their first trip, on a cruise ship, or even anywhere!

Never traveled with DS as he was growing up. I had no money, no time-off from work. Always felt a bit tinged with guilt that his younger siblings started traveling with us from a very young age, and were on their first ship by age 10. I am certain he will love it, and as a parent, I feel very grateful that I can offer this trip to my family in order to celebrate the holidays.

Now, similar to what JungleJane said on another thread; I am prepared for a chaotic madhouse with all the people and families that will be onboard, and i will be right in there enjoying it as well. I hope! :D

Archived