First time X cruiser - a little confused

Evilgrin72

Just printed out my Xpress Pass, the final step after making final payment, and two pieces of "information" on this thing are confusing - perhaps an experience vet can clarify....

1) "Boarding time is listed on your Xpress Pass. Your ship must complete an immigration clearance process from the previous sailing, therefore do not arrive early for check-in."

We are the first sailing after a TA repositioning, so I get this. However, there is absolutely no boarding time listed on my Xpress Pass as they claim. The only time listed anywhere on the Xpress Pass is the departure time of 4:30 PM.

2) "The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation, as well as any associated reservations in your Xpress Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use offical luggage tags for your bags. If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier."

Great, but the one thing they leave out is how we procure the original luggage tags that would be pre-requisite to needing EXTRA. :D Do they mail them to you, are you supposed to print them online somewhere, etc?

Thanks much in advance to anyone who can shed light on any of this.

I would arrive around noon since it is a TA that is before you. They do take longer to clear.

You can order your luggage tags about 1 month out. It will appear where your set sail pass is. It will ask you if you would like them mailed to you.

Just printed out my Xpress Pass, the final step after making final payment, and two pieces of "information" on this thing are confusing - perhaps an experience vet can clarify....

1) "Boarding time is listed on your Xpress Pass. Your ship must complete an immigration clearance process from the previous sailing, therefore do not arrive early for check-in."

We are the first sailing after a TA repositioning, so I get this. However, there is absolutely no boarding time listed on my Xpress Pass as they claim. The only time listed anywhere on the Xpress Pass is the departure time of 4:30 PM.

2) "The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation, as well as any associated reservations in your Xpress Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use offical luggage tags for your bags. If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier."

Great, but the one thing they leave out is how we procure the original luggage tags that would be pre-requisite to needing EXTRA. :D Do they mail them to you, are you supposed to print them online somewhere, etc?

Don't worry about the boarding time --- our departure time was 5pm but we arrived at the ship to check in at 11.30am. I think this is pretty normal.

Re the luggage tags - hubby tells me that, a button / link will become available when you have completed all of the sections re on line check in, the link becomes available so many weeks before departure. Sorry, can't remember how many so just keep checking. Give it another couple of weeks

Not sure if other cruisers will be able to help you more

Whatever, lucky you - have a great time. Just got back and we are jealous

Thanks guys, I guess that answers the luggage tag question. I suppose the delay in boarding after the TA repositioning is going to be a ? - do they typically end up delaying embarkation, rooms being ready, etc due to crew turnover/customs clearance?

[quote name=Presto2;35134155

Re the luggage tags - hubby tells me that' date=' a button / link will become available when you have completed all of the sections re on line check in, the link becomes available so many weeks before departure. Sorry, can't remember how many so just keep checking. Give it another couple of weeks[/quote]

This is correct. Return to your Online Check-In page about 45 days before your cruise (in my experience) and the Order Luggage Tags button will appear.

Have a wonderful cruise!

The button to order my luggage tags appeared exactly seven weeks prior to sailing. I ordered them and they arrived in the mail four days later.

Having been through this several times, all I can tell you is that a delay in boarding after a TA is normal. Just know that this is likely to happen and be patient. It all depends on all the agencies who are inspecting everything--Celebrity has no control over this. Generally the rooms will be available about the usual time unless they have had to do a deep cleaning because of norovirus on board.

If you leave your hotel around 11:30 or 12:00 you will probably be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

The first sailing after a transatlantic crossing does generally have later boarding than normal as there are additional formalities that need to be conducted by local officials before the ship is cleared. Typically (for most cruises) boarding starts around 11:30am, but this would not likely be the case for your sailing. The exact time of boarding is hard to predict; if it were me I would show up about noon or 12:30pm hoping to board not too long after that, but realizing I may be in for a long wait. If waiting at the pier is not comfortable for you, showing up around 1:30pm to 2:00pm might be best.

Thanks guys, I guess that answers the luggage tag question. I suppose the delay in boarding after the TA repositioning is going to be a ? - do they typically end up delaying embarkation, rooms being ready, etc due to crew turnover/customs clearance?

NO - JUST GET ON THE SHIP !! The bars etc are open and you can chill out waiting for the announcement that your cabins are ready. We boarded at about 12.30pm and sat in the Sunset Bar with our drinks in hand waiting for them to tell us that cabins were ready at 1.15pm. Don't forget that. once on board you will have the chance to look at packages etc etc

Am so jealous now ------------------------ enjoy :)

We always try to check in around 11:00 AM and we have luggage tags attached by porters when we arrive at the terminal. Has always been "easy as pie".

The OP's cruise is the first after a transatlantic, so different story - delays in boarding are the norm for these cruises.

Having been through this several times, all I can tell you is that a delay in boarding after a TA is normal. Just know that this is likely to happen and be patient. It all depends on all the agencies who are inspecting everything--Celebrity has no control over this. Generally the rooms will be available about the usual time unless they have had to do a deep cleaning because of norovirus on board.

If you leave your hotel around 11:30 or 12:00 you will probably be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm driving to the port (Lauderdale) from my house in Cocoa Beach that morning, that's why I'm asking. Typically when I sail out of my usual home port (Canaveral) - I get there about 10:40 or so and get on the line near the front before the hotel shuttles arrive and usually am one of the first 20-30 people on board by about 11:15 or so. What I don't want to do is get up and leave home by 8:00 only to get there and stand around for 3 hours, so I'll probably leave home more like 10:30-11:00 to get there around 1 or so. Thanks for the info !

Sometimes you can get on as early as 11:00AM. I'd head over there around noon.

When you check in your bags they have luggage tags available that you can just fill out your cabin number and last name on and the porter puts them on and they WILL get to your cabin.

Or you can order them as others have said.

Don't sweat it if you don't have them ahead of time- it is not a problem.

We have always waited to get into the terminal to check in when the ship we are sailing is coming from a transatlantic repo. Ship has to be inspected up and down. Coast guard comes on and all the staff must do all their drills. If standing in the heat on a long line is your thing then you can get there at 11 am but I would suggest getting there at 12:30 or 1 pm. We boarded Constellation 2 years ago and we boarded late and the cargo was late getting on so we did not sail until 7:30 that evening.

Pat

Archived