Indoor spa pool

Scrapnana

Is it possible to buy a pass for just the indoor spa pool? I'm not interested in any of the other spa services but would like to use the pool especially on days when the outdoor pools are not as appealing.

On QM2 you can (I've not used the spas on QE/QV). The Canyon Ranch Spa pool is not suitable for swimming as such, however. There is also a hot tub, sauna, showers and foot baths. A great place to relax and unwind. Of course on QM2 the Deck 12 Pavilion Pool is indoors (except when the roof is open :D ), it is a pity that QE/QV lack a pool with a similar sliding glass roof (I also enjoyed the indoor swimming pool on QE2 way down on 7 Deck). Have a great time, Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

Daily passes for the thallasotherapy pool and thermal suite can be purchased for the QM2 Canyon Ranch Spa and the Royal Spa on QV and QE. I don't have the most recent prices but I was surprised to find last year that Canyon Ranch was acutally less expensive than the Royal Spa on QV. I don't think you can buy a pass for just the pool as it and the various sweat therapy devices are found in the same secure area within the spa. On a sea day you may want to purchase your pass around mid-morning; if you plan to visit at a busy hour (opening time, post-late breakfast, and the hour preceding and following afternoon tea) you may find youself informed that the pool area is oversubscribed--unless you wish to buy a package of services.

Whether multi-day or unlimited voyage-long passes are available seems to be dependent on the itinerary, the number of pre-bookings on Day 1, and/or the whim of the spa sales associate handling your inquiry. So should your first visit prompt the desire for more, or the weather be so poor on embarkation day that you wish to be ahead of the game, be prepared to engage in the art of negotiation.

Is it possible to buy a pass for just the indoor spa pool? I'm not interested in any of the other spa services but would like to use the pool especially on days when the outdoor pools are not as appealing.

Here's the link ...(listed on page 4 left hand side)

http://www.cunard.com/Documents/Spa%20Docs/QueenMary2_SpaClub_PriceList.pdf

I`m not a spa person but when I read about the aqua therapy pool on the QM2, I knew I had to try it. I brought the five day passport and it was worth every penny. You will love it.

As Fishywood stated the pass isn`t just for the pool so it was even a better value:

SPACLU B PASSPOR T

Includes use of Aqua Therapy Centre including

whirlpool, aqua therapy pool with chaise longue,

neck and back jet massage, cascading waterfall

shower, reflexology basins, sensory showers, Finnish

sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna and ice

fountain. Bathing suit required.

1 day $40 | 3 days $75 | 5 days $95

I hate to disagree with one so much more a veteran than I (with only one crossing) - but on our trip, at least, it was any five days - we just threw a treatment in on one day, and so had spa access (totally worth it, both for the pool and the beautiful relaxation room) for all six full days of the TA.

The spa pass is what I am spending my OBC on, I introduced my Mum to the delights of spa treatments and all that goes with it last year, at the tender age of 72 and she loved every minute of it, although the spa at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is going to be hard to beat for her, but I am sure the prices will be very similar!

Deb

• 1 year later...

The pass on the QE for the full cruise is $1700 for a single; I believe it is $3200 for a couple. It can also be bought for a single segment. I paid $380 for the NYC to SF segment. Best money I spent. They limit the passes that they sell (so they say) but I can confirm that there was never more than 5 or 6 people when I went, and I went every day. The SPA on the Queen Mary is superior IMO but I still fully enjoyed the QE. They should tint the windows because it is kind of like being in a fish bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of purchasing a SPA PASS for either 3 or 5 days for our upcoming Transatlantic trip, but wanted to do it ahead of time through the Cunard website. Sadly, I've not found out where to do that. Could it be that you can't pre-purchase this and can only do so once you have boarded the ship???

Debjo

I was thinking of purchasing a SPA PASS for either 3 or 5 days for our upcoming Transatlantic trip, but wanted to do it ahead of time through the Cunard website. Sadly, I've not found out where to do that. Could it be that you can't pre-purchase this and can only do so once you have boarded the ship???

Debjo

See the link that flagdabber listed above ...it explains things a bit better I think.