Dream class vs Conquest Class

cwnhokie

I know this information is posted somewhere but I'm getting a huge headache trying to figure it out. I was looking at a 6 night cruise on the Freedom and then saw that 7 nights on the Dream is only about $150 more. What are the major differences between Carnival Freedom and Carnival Dream? Thanks!

Dream got jipped and doesnt have most of the good stuff that Magic and Breeze got. Can you consider Breeze out of Miami?? Dream has so many complaints, it had a ventilation problem probably solved, still crops up from time to time.. things fixed with Magic and Breeze.

I personally would do Dream.. but its nothing special to me.

Dream has Tandori, Italian for lunch (not the dinner option). Burrito wrap place

Conquest class has the Fish and Chips instead.

PS Breeze and Magic have the Red Frog Pub, the new rope course that looks like fun, and the Italian for dinner option.

Breeze has guys burgers I believe, though have not confirmed and a couple of other things. Breeze has it all.

Freedom has the stadium style tiers on the upper decks around the Lido pool whereas the Dream's Lido deck pool is more enclosed.

Dream carries a lot more passengers with little extra public space for them.

Dream has the drain pipe water slide which is great!

I know this information is posted somewhere but I'm getting a huge headache trying to figure it out. I was looking at a 6 night cruise on the Freedom and then saw that 7 nights on the Dream is only about $150 more. What are the major differences between Carnival Freedom and Carnival Dream? Thanks!

One major thing that I dislike about Conquest class ships is that the aft pool is recessed, so there are not a lot of deck chairs and it's nearly impossible to turn the chairs with the sun like we do. On Dream, the aft pool area is huge and wide open. We sat by the back railing and enjoyed the wake and the fresh breeze.

We were on Dream in April. Loved her! She's a great ship. We never experienced any smells nor issues to which others refer. We did not feel like she was overcrowded at all. We'd sail her again in a heartbeat!

For $150 and an extra day, I suggest Dream.

The Dream also has the deck 5 Lanai promenade deck that wraps around the ship. This serves as an alternative lido deck and has 4 whirlpools (not really heated) cantilevered over the edge of the ship. On sea days they have a pretty amazing barbeque out there.

The Dream also has some interesting features that are only found on the Dream. It has laser light shows a few nights, but I never made it out to them on my recent cruise. It is also the only ship in the fleet to have Dancin' in the Streets-- probably the best production show in the Carnival fleet. It's also the only ship to have 3 separate waterslides-- the racers, twister, and drainpipe. The Breeze and Magic replaced the racers with a splash zone.

I found that the crowds were very manageable if you know how to play it. Sign up for late seating dinner and spend pool/waterslide time from 4:30 until 6:30ish. There are no planned activities during this time because they will conflict with early seating dinner. We were able to show up at 5:45 and get a seat next to the main pool on the lido deck.

Archived