from Vience to Ravenna

bcnvcanada

Now you got my attention. Am curious why you would want to leave Venice to go to Ravenna? Please tell since we will be in Ravenna in October and not really looking forward to that particular port (we have driven through there on a previous driving trip). But if you really want to get there from Venice on a day trip we would suggest you simply rent a car a the Piazale Roma (several rental car companies have offices at that location) and drive. It will take you around 2 1/2 hours each way give or take depending on trafffic on the 2 lane roads.

Hank

Now you got my attention. Am curious why you would want to leave Venice to go to Ravenna? Please tell since we will be in Ravenna in October and not really looking forward to that particular port (we have driven through there on a previous driving trip). But if you really want to get there from Venice on a day trip we would suggest you simply rent a car a the Piazale Roma (several rental car companies have offices at that location) and drive. It will take you around 2 1/2 hours each way give or take depending on trafffic on the 2 lane roads.

Hank

It may or may not appeal to you, but Ravenna has some of the most beautiful, extensive, and well-preserved late-Roman and Byzantine mosaics in the world. For a time (after Rome had become a backwater), Ravenna was the de facto capital of the Western part of the Byzantine empire.

I've been trying to get to Ravenna for years and will finally be there next Spring.

We visited Ravenna recently and found the mosaics absolutely breathtaking. Ravenna is a typical Italian working town but the mosaics in the many churches are stunning. For us it was one of the highlights of the cruise.

Ok, you convinced me and we will certainly take some time to admire the mosaics when we are there this fall. As I previously posted, if coming from Venice it makes a lot of sense to simply rent a car for the day.

Hank

Archived