balcony or suite? Gtd or not gtd?

TMS9539

I'm going to book on the CB this afternoon. Prices are $873 for a balcony or $1073 for a mini suite. That's for a guaranteed room in the lowest category for both. Is it worth it to spend the extra $200 for a mini suite? We've always done balconies but have never had a suite. Also, how risky is it to book a guaranteed room without picking the specific room? It seems to me I read somewhere that all the balconies on the Dolphin deck were completely exposed. If we book a mini suite it sounds like it will probably be on that deck. I'm not sure if that matters or not. Looking for input. Thanks.

I'm going to book on the CB this afternoon. Prices are $873 for a balcony or $1073 for a mini suite. That's for a guaranteed room in the lowest category for both. Is it worth it to spend the extra $200 for a mini suite? We've always done balconies but have never had a suite. Also, how risky is it to book a guaranteed room without picking the specific room? It seems to me I read somewhere that all the balconies on the Dolphin deck were completely exposed. If we book a mini suite it sounds like it will probably be on that deck. I'm not sure if that matters or not. Looking for input. Thanks.

A mini suite will give you more space, a bathtub instead of just a small shower, a sofa and extra TV. (balocny is good size)

So if this appeals to you and you enjoy time in your cabin and on you own balcony them go for the mini suite. however if you're always out and about the go for the balcony cain and put the extra $200 ea towards your shipboard acct.

What ever you choose, enjoy!

Just booked a guaranteed mini suite cat AD. The price dropped by $170 pp in the last few hours so it was too good a deal to pass up. I've never done a guaranteed category before but I'm sure we'll be fine. In fact, I'm absolutely positive that any cabin on that ship is better than being at work! And I managed to enjoy the cruise on Carnival earlier this year so I know this will be even better. So excited!

Just booked a guaranteed mini suite cat AD. The price dropped by $170 pp in the last few hours so it was too good a deal to pass up. I've never done a guaranteed category before but I'm sure we'll be fine. In fact, I'm absolutely positive that any cabin on that ship is better than being at work! And I managed to enjoy the cruise on Carnival earlier this year so I know this will be even better. So excited!

AD's are great - we had one on the Emerald. I hope they don't upgrade you to Dolphin but maybe you'll enjoy the open balcony.

Archived