Carnival Pride or Carnival Valor?

cwnhokie

Husband and I are going on a trip without the kids, just looking forward to relaxing but we do like to participate in activities and games, trivia etc. We have only been on the Fantasy class ships in the past by ourselves and most recently Liberty of the Seas with RCCL with the kids.

Both trips are the same price Valor is 6 days and Pride is 7.

We are about 90 mins from Baltimore, so Pride has the advantage of not having to fly. We are going in October.

Anyone done both? Pros and cons to either? Thanks!

The Pride was number 1 recently based on comment cards :)

Comment cards been gone for over a year? Just email a select few, so who knows if it means anything. I have yet to get a survey by email.

Id do the one I could drive to.. so much easier, 1 extra day. You can buy booze and bring it home easily. I only do this when I drive.

Its usually the other way around, the one you drive to costs more.. so Id grab it.

We sailed in February of 2011 my son(4 at the time) was swimming in the covered pool on Monday. I think we had a little bit of rough seas 1 or 2 night but nothing that left me thinking OMG...never again.

We are sailing on her sister ship the miracle this November(again with the kids) out of NYC.

Well gosh I didn't expect it to be unanimous. My only reservations with the Pride is weather will probably be cooler and I've heard that the seas can be really rough.

I've never sailed on the Valor. We will be going on the Pride for the 3rd time this October.:D

You can never predict the weather, but for the most part, so far, we've no real complaints (last year was definitely a rough ride heading home, but it was exciting).

Normally you will feel much warmer weather by the next morning.

Fly vs drive? Drive!

Good luck!

Well you all are pretty convincing! Now which itinerary? I could care less about Freeport or Nassau but a stop at Disney would be nice since we already have tickets, it would be fun to do EPCOT without the kids. But we've never been to Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay.

Well you all are pretty convincing! Now which itinerary? I could care less about Freeport or Nassau but a stop at Disney would be nice since we already have tickets, it would be fun to do EPCOT without the kids. But we've never been to Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay.

I have the same feeling about Epcot! I'm hoping to get to Disney to do that and downtown Disney without my boys. Maybe in January....

I would love to stop at grand Turk and half moon but we sail during the winter months due to owning a swimming pool store and they don't sail to those ports then :(

Go for the pride - we did the first week of October last year - great going down - a little cool coming back on the last sea day - BUT one of the storms were brewing - my parents got on as we were getting off that week it was cool and rainy BUT again due to the storm - Oct is always iffy but an extra day, no flight or long drives - Baltimore is a breeze to park and right off 95

I have not sailed on either yet. I would say select the Pride for the extra day and being able to save $$ by driving.

I would say choose the Grand Turk, HMC itinerary.

The Port Canaveral one is slightly cheaper, but after Disney, Freeport and Nassua are a waste.

Thanks everyone for your responses. The grand total for the Pride came out to be around $200 more factoring air fare with the Valor. My inlaws who will be watching out kids live about 20 mins from port and we would have to drive there anyway. Now the kids will be able to drop us off at the boat. Hopefully that is a good thing but now that we have taken them on a cruise they may be jealous. Now that its decided and booked, I'm getting excited!

We originally chose the Pride just because it was an easy drive for us and we didn't need to fly. We liked it so much we rebooked for another cruise. I hope the Pride remains in Baltimore for many years because we will continue to go every year.

You will not be disappointed with the Pride!

Archived