Current Sale-Would you do it?

Crzn-Life

Absolutely Not true...

I've switched 2 cruises in the last year since they started offering the non-refundable deposits, including my upcoming TA on the Grand, and they did not change our booking number or anything else except the balance due on the new discounted fare.

Hmmmm... we did this in July for two cruises, and it did, in fact, cancel our original booking number and issue us a new one. I can't answer about Cruise Personlizer information, as I hadn't gotten around to entering it yet.

Just be aware that they will cancel your current bookings and make new bookings which means new reservation numbers and you'll need to go online and re-enter your personal info. You also mighty lose your cabin. I know because we did this during the last sale but the savings were worth it.

Yesterday, after being advised of "the sale" by a fellow CC member, I notified my TA(who is in Barcelona, on another group cruise tour).

She contacted Princess.

Within an hour, she let me know I had just saved $480.

Same cabin, same group tour reservation number.

Thank you CC members !

Yesterday, after being advised of "the sale" by a fellow CC member, I notified my TA(who is in Barcelona, on another group cruise tour).

She contacted Princess.

Within an hour, she let me know I had just saved $480.

Same cabin, same group tour reservation number.

Thank you CC members !

And for those who need a reason to use a TA, here is an example of a great TA who did this on a Sunday from another continent.

How do I get one of those!!!! My TA isn't available on weekends, and the sale will be over before she is back in the office. Can I do this change through Princess, then transfer it to my TA?

No, since the booking is with a TA, Princess will not allow you to change the reservation.

Sale goes through Tuesday. If you TA will not be back that day, is there someone else in her office that can do this for you?

With the current Labor Day Sale Princess has going, just found out we can switch 2 b2bs we have booked and save over $500 on one and $300 on the other. Plus there would be an additional $100 per cruise OBC. That would be a net savings of about $1000. However, the deposit becomes non-refundable. So, if we had to cancel, that would be a loss of $400.

We would only not go on this cruise if something very serious happened to one or both of us.

Right now we're split on what to do. One says go for, the other says let's play it safe & keep what we have.

We'll work it out, but am curious about what others think. What would you do in this case?

I would do it, but I am notoriously thrifty.

~Doris~

No, since the booking is with a TA, Princess will not allow you to change the reservation.

Sale goes through Tuesday. If you TA will not be back that day, is there someone else in her office that can do this for you?

My TA was in Russia on a river cruise and simply had her office do it. I also called to make sure it was happening! Our cruise number did change and I did need to update all the personalizer info. All transfers etc stayed with the reservation.

Archived