Has there been any recent cruises that port Alexandria or Ashdod

stickey614

We were just notified that NCL is changing ports for our Dec cruise. Instead of Egypt we are going to Crete and Naples.

What is interesting is that they also said that the Oct and Nov NCL Jade cruises are still going to Egypt

We were just notified that NCL is changing ports for our Dec cruise. Instead of Egypt we are going to Crete and Naples.

What is interesting is that they also said that the Oct and Nov NCL Jade cruises are still going to Egypt

It was appears to be a future booking issue. Saw a copy of someone received and NCL said they were still comfortable with the safety there - but indicated customers had concerns. The Oct and Nov cruises were past final payment when the problems took place in Sept - so fewer cancellations. The later cruises probably got hit with cancellations and then perhaps have been difficult to refill - so they changed the itinerary. But this is just a SWAG on my part.

We are on the Norwegian Jade for the Nov. 21st sailing and this is what I received last night:

Dear Valued Travel Partners & Guests,

IMPORTANT: INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CRUISE

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Jade's 10-Day Eastern Mediterranean sailings from Rome (Civitavecchia) from November 21, 2012 to April 17, 2013.

The safety and security of our guests, crew and ships is our highest priority at Norwegian Cruise Line. We believe the ports in Egypt remain viable ports of call at the present time. However, because of the situation in the region and the feedback from guests, the company is cancelling Norwegian Jade's scheduled stops in Egypt from November 21, 2012 to April 17, 2013 and will call in Istanbul, Turkey and Naples, Italy instead. The itinerary information can be found below. We will operate the originally scheduled itinerary on October 31, 2012. Guests wishing to change their reservation to the October 31, 2012 sailing may do so and their cruise fare will be protected.

Original Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri Olympia (Katakolon), Greece 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Sat Athens (Piraeus), Greece 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Alexandria, Egypt 6:00 am Overnight

Wed Alexandria, Egypt 6:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri Olympia (Katakolon), Greece 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Sat Athens (Piraeus), Greece 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Mon Istanbul, Turkey 1:00 pm overnight

Tue Istanbul, Turkey 8:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri Naples, Italy 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00 am

Istanbul is one of the largest cities in the world filled with a rich-history and must-sees including the Grand Bazaar, the world's largest bazaar filled with more than 3,000 shops. In addition, there are numerous restaurants, entertainment and cultural sights to see. Naples is located on Italy's stunning Amalfi Coast, a city rich in colorful history that will take you back through the centuries and with its grand piazzas, cathedrals and castles in the old center.

If you have pre-booked shore excursions in Alexandria, Cairo or Luxor with Norwegian Cruise Line, your reservation will be automatically cancelled. Shore excursion information for Istanbul, Turkey and Naples, Italy will be available on ncl.com by October 15.

Should you have any questions please contact us at (800) 327-7030 from 8:00 am to midnight ET Monday through Friday and from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

We sailed into Alexandria yesterday on the Prinsendam.. We just woke up in Giza with the pyramid view at the Le Meridian hotel. We haven't encountered 1 anti American person. The vendors at the archaeological sites when they find out weird American are very happy to see us. I feel sorry that these people have been left puns in a political game of chess. Into Cairo today and off to Israel tomorrow. Where else can you see both these countries at once unless on a cruise? I believe Holland America is correct in continuing to sail here. The history is amazing but the culture even more so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NCL has now cancelled the Jade's Eqypt stops for safety reasons; however the Oct 10 and Nov 10 cruises are still going to Egypt. I guess they do not care about their safety!

We are on the XMAS cruise and they are replacing our Eqypt ports with Crete and Naples. I have been to Crete and have not desire to return, especially in the winter. I would not mind Naples except we will be there on New Years Day when museums. Pompeii and most, if not all, other sites of interest are closed.

NCL has now cancelled the Jade's Eqypt stops for safety reasons; however the Oct 10 and Nov 10 cruises are still going to Egypt. I guess they do not care about their safety!

We are on the XMAS cruise and they are replacing our Eqypt ports with Crete and Naples. I have been to Crete and have not desire to return, especially in the winter. I would not mind Naples except we will be there on New Years Day when museums. Pompeii and most, if not all, other sites of interest are closed.

That's disappointing. In your place I would get a private driver organised to take you to Positano and the Amalfi coast. Beautiful scenery and lovely places to have lunch.

Archived