Carnival Miracle out of New York

franncos

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Anyone come back from this cruise recently? I have heard some mixed reviews.

Please share your comments.

Thanks

We were just on her the end of July for the fourth year in a row. Still one of the best ships out there! Not sure what mixed reviews you've seen, since all the ones I've seen have been favorable. What are your concerns???

Love this ship; NY will miss her when she switches coasts with the Splendor next spring. It was only announced just last year that instead of wintering in FL, the Miracle would be sailing year round from her homeport of NY. There was a big billboard in Times Square and everything - then shortly thereafter, it was then announced that she was leaving to the west coast and being replaced by the Splendor. Same itineraries and all.. just a slightly bigger and different class of ship. More passengers=more revenue I suppose.

So the long answer to your short question is :) ... if it's the ship you sail for, then sail the Miracle while you still can, I think you'll enjoy her very much.

I just came off last week. The ship has a great layout you can get to all areas w/o having to go up a floor or two. It was never really crowded. The Frankie & Johnnie's lounge had a good cover band. The two main pools were nicer than one bigger pool. The buffet lines were never really long either. Also, this ship has different engines so there was never much vibration.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Only problem for me is in the winter months you lose half the cruise sailing to warmer weather.

Never had that experience and have mostly sailed from NY. Usually it's just the 1st sea day, by the 2nd day it's warm enough to be outside. However, with the Miracle, they close the roof over the mid-ship pool and you can use the pool!

Never had that experience and have mostly sailed from NY. Usually it's just the 1st sea day, by the 2nd day it's warm enough to be outside. However, with the Miracle, they close the roof over the mid-ship pool and you can use the pool!

Still remember a picture of the Price with almost two feet of snow on her.

As a result we do our winter cruises out of Florida.

We were just on her the end of July for the fourth year in a row. Still one of the best ships out there! Not sure what mixed reviews you've seen, since all the ones I've seen have been favorable. What are your concerns???

do u prefer the miracle or the explorer of the seas ?

Was on it 8/18 - 8/26 - FANTASTIC i highly recommend the chefs table if you can get a reservation (its a $70 up charge per person). My husband is a professional chef and we own a cooking school we were AMAZED. Spent most of our time on the serenity deck (area) as we cant stand crowds or loud music. Ship is well laid out easy to get around. One slight negative the entertainment was ok - but other than that it was perfect.

We love the Miracle (and Spirit class ships)...have sailed her for the last 3 years in May. Staff has always been excellent, the food is good, and the ship doesn't feel as crowded as the larger ships (Freedom, Destiny). We enjoyed the new brunch on sea days (but they could lose the comedian). We didn't do any of the shows, but went to the comedy once and it was good. We spent most of our time in Frankie & Johnny's at night...the band was good and Ernesto, the bartender, was great. My only real complaint is that they changed our favorite spot (aft Lido) to a Serenity area. It's hard to find seats and since it is now non-smoking we didn't hang out there. We spent our time on Forward Lido, which was fine until the afternoon when all the activities (and lots of noise) started on Main Lido. At that point we usually headed back to our balcony. But if you're into all the activities, you will love it.

Don't pay too much attention to reviews, because everyone has different opinions, and much of it (food) is subjective. Go in with an open mind and see how YOU like it;)

We LOVED her.. We booked her soon after our first cruise on her. We are doing the other itinerary. GT,HMC, and Nassau.

The only thing I think is weird is the dining room, with all the grapes. However, after awhile I REALLY REALLY like it

The Miracle is my favourite!! Sailed with Stu last year from NYC to Bermuda and had the best time...as others have said, the crew, the layout, the size...you will love it! Just the experience of sailing out of NYC was a highlight for us. Just a different vibe altogether! Enjoy!:)

Guest LoveMyBoxer
do u prefer the miracle or the explorer of the seas ?

HATED the Explorer!!!! Too many people crowded on that ship without enough lounges where you can find a quiet place, let me not start on the lack of elevators! Miracle is a great ship!

A very good ship we cruised her august 2005 out of Tamper with our boy's Guess what it was during Hurricane Katrina !! Well needless to say we didn"t get back to Tamper ,instead they docked at Fl louderdale !! And bused us back to Tamper .Carnival did a really great job in handing everything !! I can"t still remember the night before not knowing if Tamper was going to get hit and would our car be underwater !! The funny thing is when i when in to the lot i wanted to park on the 2nd floor and they would n let me :eek::eek::eek: But it was a great cruise .And we are again book on her for 10/5/12 out of NYC !! Can anybody who has been on her last year and this year tell me how they do on her new renovations ? And what"s new things are on her now ?

Thanks !!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
A very good ship we cruised her august 2005 out of Tamper with our boy's Guess what it was during Hurricane Katrina !! Well needless to say we didn"t get back to Tamper ,instead they docked at Fl louderdale !! And bused us back to Tamper .Carnival did a really great job in handing everything !! I can"t still remember the night before not knowing if Tamper was going to get hit and would our car be underwater !! The funny thing is when i when in to the lot i wanted to park on the 2nd floor and they would n let me :eek::eek::eek: But it was a great cruise .And we are again book on her for 10/5/12 out of NYC !! Can anybody who has been on her last year and this year tell me how they do on her new renovations ? And what"s new things are on her now ?

Thanks !!

Not too much has changed. There now is a serenity area in the back pool area. Where the sushi was is now the tastings bar where you can get samplings of their food and lower priced drinks during certain times. They now have a punchliner brunch in the dinning room instead of breakfast and dinner (not a fan!), and lastly, you now have to pay for capuccinos in the dinning room! I think that is basically all.

Archived