Aqua Theater Suite - Allure of Seas

Signet

Quick question please... The description of the suite says it "overlooks the boardwalk and Aqua Theater and feature wrap around Balconies, outdoor Oceanfront dining.". The question is is the overlook the boardwalk a balcony, or a picture window? The way I am reading it is a window only and the balcony over looks the ocean. Is this correct or is it an outdoor balcony for both the boardwalk and the ocean? Thanks in advance

Quick question please... The description of the suite says it "overlooks the boardwalk and Aqua Theater and feature wrap around Balconies, outdoor Oceanfront dining.". The question is is the overlook the boardwalk a balcony, or a picture window? The way I am reading it is a window only and the balcony over looks the ocean. Is this correct or is it an outdoor balcony for both the boardwalk and the ocean? Thanks in advance

An ATS has a huge balcony overlooking the Boardwalk, Aqua Theater, and the ocean. Take a look at the diagram:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/popup/cabinTypeSchematic.do?br=R&cabincls=D&cabinType=A3&shipCode=AL&shipName=Allure+Of+The+Seas++++++++++++

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/583266562HfrgeV?mediaPosition=1

I found the room video (when in doubt, Goggle).. The video shows very close to the rock wall. Is it noisy in the room from all the activity from the theater, rock wall, and what looks like a movie screen?

You can hear the music for the shows in the sitting area of the suite(wasn't loud enough to bother me, but each person has their own tolerance) but it was not audible in the bedrooms. The suite was a hit with my boys, especially for the movies and the bellyflop contest, they even invited their new cruise friends (with parents permission) to watch the movies from the balcony.

As for the rock wall, it is close but most people climbing are so focused on not falling they wouldn't even notice you standing 3 feet away. For those worried, there is a lock on the balcony doors that would keep out any late night creeps.

The balcony is huge, you could easily put 40 people on it.

It wraps around from ocean side view all the way around to the boardwalk.

I have a number of pictures from AS on deck 9 in my Oasis review. It is an absolutley incredible balcony.

Thanks for the responses.. I got an offer to upgrade for just a couple hundred dollars more. I have an Owner Suite booked right now for next week. Seems like a good deal. What would you do take the AS or stay in my OS?

hold out, maybe they will upgrade for no charge! I had a GS and a regular balcony room booked. RCCL left a message a few days before sailing asking if we wanted an upgrade to a deck 10 Aqua. Called back, left message with the agent who had contacted us, no response the next day so I figured we missed it. RCCL called back the morning we were flying out asking if we wanted the upgrade for no extra charge, of course I said yes.

I never checked, but what do the aqua suites go for? I figure I still got a steal as it has to be more than my GS was and that the first and second person cost of the regular room was just a bit more than the extra person cost for suites.

Thanks for the responses.. I got an offer to upgrade for just a couple hundred dollars more. I have an Owner Suite booked right now for next week. Seems like a good deal. What would you do take the AS or stay in my OS?

Take it, the views were fantastic, ocean views on one side and people watching, show viewing on the other; plus 2 bathrooms.

There is no doubt in my mind as tempting as this wrap around balcony may be, unless you have 40 friends for parties on the balcony I would say no to the AS. The AS balcony may not be a quiet place to relax during the day or evening with all of the activites on the Boadwalk. Your OS balcony will be a nice quiet place to escape. I have stayed in a balcony room directly above the AS and there is a lot of walking to get to the rear of the ship. If you are staying in the OS, sometimes there will be times you want to go forward and sometimes you'll need to go rearward and you will split the difference. However, in the AS you will have some very long walks to get EVERYWHERE. We have sailed on the Allure/Oasis numerous times and the size of the ship and the walking never bothered me, except for the time we stayed at the very rear of the ship. It always seemed like a long walk everytime we went ANYWHERE. It will be nearly a quarter mile walk anytime you want to go to the solarium or Spa. The AS isn't close to ANYTHING. Please look at the deck plans and think about the extra walking before you move to an AS. Enjoy your cruise, the OS is anice place. :D:D:D

Thanks again for the responses. Still nothing settled yet. Saturday my TA could not get a hold of the upgrade person at Royal, left a message. I called back at the end of the day (Saturday), my TA had not heard back. I call RC myself today (knowing I could not finalize anything without my TA). The person at Royal did not know anything about my offer (said nothing noted on my account). See told me the usual upgrade person is on vacation, but someone is there that could help my TA. Called my TA, closed today (Labor Day). The big selling point to the Aqua suite is that balcony, it looks amazing. The downside is the major walk to get anyway. The Owners suite is in the middle of the ship, and the suite looks great as well, just not the amazing balcony. So its still all up in the air, but here is how I'm leaning. If the upgrade me to the Aqua at no charge, I'll take it. If they still want the couple hundred extra dollars, I'll just stay where I am. Either way I am still a happy camper (cruiser). Hope to settle everything tomorrow, when everyone is back at work. thanks again for the input it helped a lot.

Thanks again for the responses. Still nothing settled yet. Saturday my TA could not get a hold of the upgrade person at Royal, left a message. I called back at the end of the day (Saturday), my TA had not heard back. I call RC myself today (knowing I could not finalize anything without my TA). The person at Royal did not know anything about my offer (said nothing noted on my account). See told me the usual upgrade person is on vacation, but someone is there that could help my TA. Called my TA, closed today (Labor Day). The big selling point to the Aqua suite is that balcony, it looks amazing. The downside is the major walk to get anyway. The Owners suite is in the middle of the ship, and the suite looks great as well, just not the amazing balcony. So its still all up in the air, but here is how I'm leaning. If the upgrade me to the Aqua at no charge, I'll take it. If they still want the couple hundred extra dollars, I'll just stay where I am. Either way I am still a happy camper (cruiser). Hope to settle everything tomorrow, when everyone is back at work. thanks again for the input it helped a lot.

Hi Signet, just wondering if you took the upgrade after all. We were also booked in an OS for that cruise and got the same offer. Then I spent most of Friday waiting to hear back about it (as in your case) and trying to reach the TA; then Labor Day weekend was upon us.

Anyway, I just got a return call from my TA: the offer was an A2 for $600 more. We decided to go for it, even though I was *really* excited about staying in an Oasis-class OS. The OS layout can't be beat. And the balcony is certainly more than big enough. But we are people who get the very most out of our balcony, and I love that there is a full dining table and chairs out there (shaded) for room service meals (of which we enjoy MANY). In addition, the extra bedroom will be fabulous for us, with our two (at times rambunctious) sons. Because our boys are under 10, one parent always has to stay in the cabin with them in the evenings, after the program at Adventure Ocean ends, and that person is usually me! (I'm generally too tired to stay out by this time--after a full day of cruising/onshore exploration--and anyway it's not sooooo much fun for me to roam the ship at night without my better half.) I spend most of that time on the balcony. I love the peaceful oceanview balcony experience and will sit out there for hours reading. But how wonderful to have the best of both worlds--and to be able to see what's going on down below on the Boardwalk, too.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure it will be fabulous. Luckily, this was no choice to determine the lesser of two evils but rather the greater of two goods. I wasn't even aware of the Aqua Theater Suites before we got the upgrade offer, and so I considered an OS the be-all and end-all for our family. But because I imagine the Owner's Suites to be simply fabulous on the Oasis class, I'm determined to try and swing one another time. Yes, I now have an excuse for future Allure/Oasis splurging!

I tried to get the AS, but was not quick enough I guess. I finally got my TA and Royal to connect (after 4 1/2 days of trying). My TA was told that the AS suites on the offer were all gone. When I first started trying to book after the offer came in there was 3 AS available to book (showing on line). Tonight there are still 2, but they will not let them go for what they offered. The e-mail said there were 2 available, at the upgrade price,and I suppose that one went to Bluegirl (posted above, good for you Blue). The other in the offer still seems to be there. But they said no more available (Oh well). The presidential suite upgrade is still available if I want it. But for 2K more I will just stay in my OS and be a happy cruiser. I was willing to go a couple of hundred more, but not a couple of grand more. The AS balcony would have been great, but I am not complaining about an OS suite. Sunday can not come fast enough!!

I tried to get the AS, but was not quick enough I guess. I finally got my TA and Royal to connect (after 4 1/2 days of trying). My TA was told that the AS suites on the offer were all gone. When I first started trying to book after the offer came in there was 3 AS available to book (showing on line). Tonight there are still 2, but they will not let them go for what they offered. The e-mail said there were 2 available, at the upgrade price,and I suppose that one went to Bluegirl (posted above, good for you Blue). The other in the offer still seems to be there. But they said no more available (Oh well). The presidential suite upgrade is still available if I want it. But for 2K more I will just stay in my OS and be a happy cruiser. I was willing to go a couple of hundred more, but not a couple of grand more. The AS balcony would have been great, but I am not complaining about an OS suite. Sunday can not come fast enough!!

Signet, maybe you will still get your ATS. Looks like there are still two available. If they haven't moved yet, I don't see why the price wouldn't drop. Only four days left. The goal is to fill all the rooms--no idea why just some ATSs would be qualify for the upgrade deal but others not. I cant see them staying empty. But if you got an upgrade into one, and some other party got upgraded into your OS, and so on, and so on, ultimately an empty inside or ocean view (or whatever) can be filled by a paying customer. not that I profess to understand at all howmthismsystem works--this is all conjecture.

The Presidential for $2,000 more? We got that offer too. Hmmmm, I would feel like Imelda Marcus moving with a family of four (two under 10 years old) into a double-master, 4-cabin suite! That seemed to be reaching a bit. I wonder how they'll go about filling that cabin. Maybe it means some officers' wives will be enjoying a nice, unexpected vacation next week. :)

I agree about Sunday! This may be my most anticipated cruise of all time.

Just want to add: the whole trying-in-vain-to-contact-the-TA thing was just to much for me, and so this was the last time I will book with other than RCI direct.

BAJATHREE (or should I say ROLL TIDE):

Thanks for the pics and the slide show! As of this Sunday, that will be MY cabin (9330)!!

Signet, maybe you will still get your ATS. Looks like there are still two available. If they haven't moved yet, I don't see why the price wouldn't drop. Only four days left. The goal is to fill all the rooms--no idea why just some ATSs would be qualify for the upgrade deal but others not. I cant see them staying empty. But if you got an upgrade into one, and some other party got upgraded into your OS, and so on, and so on, ultimately an empty inside or ocean view (or whatever) can be filled by a paying customer. not that I profess to understand at all howmthismsystem works--this is all conjecture.

The Presidential for $2,000 more? We got that offer too. Hmmmm, I would feel like Imelda Marcus moving with a family of four (two under 10 years old) into a double-master, 4-cabin suite! That seemed to be reaching a bit. I wonder how they'll go about filling that cabin. Maybe it means some officers' wives will be enjoying a nice, unexpected vacation next week. :)

I agree about Sunday! This may be my most anticipated cruise of all time.

Just want to add: the whole trying-in-vain-to-contact-the-TA thing was just to much for me, and so this was the last time I will book with other than RCI direct.

BAJATHREE (or should I say ROLL TIDE):

Thanks for the pics and the slide show! As of this Sunday, that will be MY cabin (9330)!!

You will LOVE it....great cabin and just awesome views. As for the unsold suites....they will upgrade people....I have even heard of where they will take say a family who may have booked 2 or 3 cabins and even look to combine them into a suite freeing up more than one room;)...these ships sail almost always full. They also like to bingo off a big suite....so be ready to hear that one being announced on embarkation day...in any case they aren't in the habit of sailing with empty suites.

OH....and ROLL TIDE!!!

Hey Bluegirl, we just got off the Allure 5 night Isaac sailing and we had the last boardwalk balcony on deck 10 right next to the Aqua Theater suite and our cabin steward let us look through it on the morning we were leaving and you will love it for sure, we were sailing with our 3 y/o daughter and we wanted to stay out a couple nights after 10 and the adventure ocean staff told us we could let her stay an hour or two later for only $6 an hour. This worked out great for us because we came to pick her up the first night at ten(even though her bedtime at home is 8:30:eek: but hey we were on vacation) and she was upset she had to leave!! So we let her stay later a couple nights and my wife and I got to enjoy some time on the cruise together which was nice. Have a blast!!

Archived