Dining room table location

We always request a table on the dining room perimeter for my DD's special needs (very similar to autism). I email a couple of months out for this. They have always honored it. But I go to the maitre'd upon boarding to always make sure. When I have there are always people just wanting to change table locations. Most of the time they seem to come away happy.

At lunch and breakfast we always ask for a table for ourselves near a window and get it.

We usually do the same as soon as we board. This time when we made our reservation for our Feb. 10, '12 AOS cruise, we asked for a specific table for 2 and were told that we would be accomodated. Don't know if we'll get confirm before beginning of our cruise.

Just curious if anyone knows where you can find a seating chart for the MDR on Independence of The Seas. I know I might still be at the mercy of the dining staff but I would like to pick a nice spot for my wife.

It would be nice, but I've never seen MDR seating charts posted anywhere. Plus, table numbers can occasionally change.

It would be nice, but I've never seen MDR seating charts posted anywhere. Plus, table numbers can occasionally change.

I have been very surprised that people were gettting assignments before the cruise with the table #, as we have never had that experience. One time when I had checked the tables for our group in the afternoon, and found them suitable, whenwe came back for dinner, one of the table numbers was changed and our group was no longer closely seated. ( 3 tables of 6)... someone with more PULL had moved one of the numbers to another table.

I have been told that the numbers can change from week to week.

Good luck for anyone wanting assuances for seating.

Just curious if anyone knows where you can find a seating chart for the MDR on Independence of The Seas. I know I might still be at the mercy of the dining staff but I would like to pick a nice spot for my wife.

you really cant pick a numbered table. and tables by the window are for larger parties- (plus its darkout so you cant see anything anyways.

i have yet to have a bad location in the dining room.

I've recommended in my exit survey that we, as passengers should be able to select MDR tables as one selects airline seats. RCL can set aside tables for groups of special interests.:D

I've recommended in my exit survey that we, as passengers should be able to select MDR tables as one selects airline seats. RCL can set aside tables for groups of special interests.:D

Like the airlines? Hmm, what extra fee do you suggest for a window seat? How about for an exit row with extra legroom;)?

I have been very surprised that people were gettting assignments before the cruise with the table #, as we have never had that experience. One time when I had checked the tables for our group in the afternoon, and found them suitable, whenwe came back for dinner, one of the table numbers was changed and our group was no longer closely seated. ( 3 tables of 6)... someone with more PULL had moved one of the numbers to another table.

I have been told that the numbers can change from week to week.

Good luck for anyone wanting assuances for seating.

That's exactly what happened to us. We had an assigned table by a window 30 days prior to the cruise. Upon boarding the ship the table was perfect. At dinner time the table was now by an aisle towards the middle of the room. Some Diamond Plus entitlist liked our table and switched table numbers.

you really cant pick a numbered table. and tables by the window are for larger parties- (plus its darkout so you cant see anything anyways.

i have yet to have a bad location in the dining room.

We have had a table for two next to a window on more than one occasion. In fact on Serenade last March, the majority of the tables next to the windows on the Starboard side of the ship were tables for two.

It is not always dark outside when you dine. It depends on the time of year and the time you dine.

Archived