Do you pick your room or let Carnival do it

KORTAM

When I am booking my cruise I usually have diagram of the cabins on each deck in front of me. That way I can compare what is around me and above and below. This way I get the cabin I want and can live with. It also helps if my TA says they are side by side I can look and see. I then have her tell me back what my choices are before she makes the commitment in my name. That way I have yet to have a problem with cabins.

I get the opposite impression, that many here book ES, which you have to pick a cabin.

Only a few book last minute rates which are gtys.

I wonder which impression is correct? I dont know.. I love gtys but think many here profess to love ES, which has no gtys.

I like the idea of guarantee as well (never booked one though- I have never had the opportunity). I am a bit of a gambler so I like the idea of trying my luck and seeing what I get. I always book ES, past guest or resident rate, so I have to pick my room- thus never get the option. I dont care all that much about my specific room, I have preferences for categories and floor, but its not that big of a deal for me.

This will be my first carnival cruise and I booked ES. Since our two adult children will be with us the Carnival woman booked our two balcony rooms and assured me that although they were not connected that they would be next to each other and we could connect through our balconies. Guess what? There is a cabin between us!!

That is the 2nd problem - the first was she mis-heard my name and had the wrong name for me. When I called back I was kind of scolded that since it is ES there could be no changes to our booking. I re-iterated SEVERAL times that it was NOT a change but a correction.

So, I know there will be no changing our rooms. . .

I am NOT a complainer and I know we will enjoy our cruise - but how many times can one person screw up a simple, easy booking???

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=pmcubed&date=3-24-2013&text=with%20the%20whole%20family%21&ship=Carnival%20Valor

When we booked flights with an airline, they spelled my 1st name wrong even though my BF spelled it for them 3 times, and it was for a flight overseas. I can't begin to tell you the hassle it was to get it corrected. There are times I curse my mother for spelling my name Caryn.

This will be my first carnival cruise and I booked ES. Since our two adult children will be with us the Carnival woman booked our two balcony rooms and assured me that although they were not connected that they would be next to each other and we could connect through our balconies. Guess what? There is a cabin between us!!

That is the 2nd problem - the first was she mis-heard my name and had the wrong name for me. When I called back I was kind of scolded that since it is ES there could be no changes to our booking. I re-iterated SEVERAL times that it was NOT a change but a correction.

So, I know there will be no changing our rooms. . .

I am NOT a complainer and I know we will enjoy our cruise - but how many times can one person screw up a simple, easy booking???

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=pmcubed&date=3-24-2013&text=with the whole family!&ship=Carnival Valor

You can change your room with no charge if you change to the same category or higher.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like most people book in a way that they leave it up to CCL to pick your room. We don't like to do that, we would rather have the room we want in the place we want. Don't want to be above a lounge or right by elevators and so on.

What do you do and why?

The best place on the ship :)

Lido Balcony literally the closest to the pool,bars and food

P.S not even a tiny bit noisy we have a private hallway

Archived