Do cabins open up after final payment?

RMM34667

All balcony categories are sold out on my cruise. Final payment is on Monday. Is it reasonable to expect that some cabins might become available on Wednesday?

Thanks

It has been my observation that there are several cancellations in the week or two before final payment date. This seams to happen more often on the more expensive cruises.

The other thing working in your favor after final payments are made is that Princess is assigning cabins.

Some lucky mini-suite cruisers could be assigned full-suite cabins and balcony cruisers could be assigned mini suite cabins and so on. Therefore if you have a standing request in with Princess to actually pay for a balcony cabin, then I believe your chances are very good!

Best of luck & Happy Cruising!!

All balcony categories are sold out on my cruise. Final payment is on Monday. Is it reasonable to expect that some cabins might become available on Wednesday?
It all depends. If all of the categories are sold out now, there may be a lot of GTYs and even a wait list for any cabins that open up. It's less likely that GTYs will be upgraded.

I got my Cabin assignment today. It is pretty good. Cat I - Riviera Deck forward (but not ALL the way forward) with cabins above. Even better than the last time I booked an M GTY.

I still want to upgrade to an OV (not obstructed) or balcony but not worried what will happen if they are not available. I know I will be happy with this cabin.

I guess I just didn't realize how fast this sailing would fill up. I figured with the price we got it was slow to sell. I'm really glad I booked when I did. I was wavering between cruises. But I think I made the best choice.

Now I just have to survive this week at work!! The changes set to come will be life changing for me.

I was told by a Princess agent that the day before final payment is due, that TA's release the cabins that they didn't sell and that an upgrade was a big possibility. Our final payment was on the 28th and on the 30th I got an email from Princess, and we were upgraded to a higher category balcony. We were originally a guaranteed balcony. So, what they said was true in my case.

Archived