Diaper "Storage"

Abby1234

I know this is a lovely topic but from those who have traveled with a child in diapers, what did you do with the dirty diapers? We have cruised many times before but this is our first with our 23 month old. I have a roll of scented bags that we always travel with, however there are some diapers that we would prefer to not "store" in our room. Any advice is appreciated.

our attendant gave us a bunch of plastic laundry bags, we would put the diaper into a scented bag (the doggy doo bags from Costco, they are green and smell nice, much cheaper than diaper-specific bags), and then into the laundry bags, that way when she sorted the garbage she didn't have to put her hands on diapers. I made sure on wash n fold day though to give her the clothing bag directly to avoid having the diapers go to the laundry by accident :p

we cruised with our DS when he was 3 months and also brought the scented bags. The cabin steward told us if at any time we wanted to get rid of them on top of when she took our trash just give it to any steward in our general area that is in the hall and they would take care of it. I only did this once as I did not want to inconvenience them, but they were all so great about it. All employees I have encountered on cruises are so great with little ones, they all seem to have children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews etc. at home that they miss so they love meeting our LO's..

we cruised with our DS when he was 3 months and also brought the scented bags. The cabin steward told us if at any time we wanted to get rid of them on top of when she took our trash just give it to any steward in our general area that is in the hall and they would take care of it. I only did this once as I did not want to inconvenience them, but they were all so great about it. All employees I have encountered on cruises are so great with little ones, they all seem to have children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews etc. at home that they miss so they love meeting our LO's..

How did you sail with a 3 month old? I thought the minimum age was 6 months?

We used bio-degradable doggie poop bags and left the wastebasket in the hall, just outside the cabin door whenever we left the room. Our steward took care of it and it was always back in the cabin when we returned. They were well prepared to deal with this and even asked us if we wanted an additional wastebasket, but we found we didn't need one.

We had doggy poop bags, but the first thing we did with our poopy diapers was to put the poop in the toilet. ( I figured that since we are all talking poop, this graphic description is helpful) our room steward visited us multiple times during the day, I think in part because he knew the diapers were there. I can say that for the two cruises we took while little miss was in diapers, I don't remember a diaper remaining in our room for more than two hours.

Archived