4 in an interior cabin only "Twin" bed config?

pmd98052

We're thinking of booking a cruise next year on the Sapphire. It would be for two adults and two kids. When we go to book on Princess.com the only option for bed config for interior 4 person cabins appears to be "Twin" - Is that correct or can they be made up as a queen below and the two beds above for our kids (5 and 7)?

We're thinking of booking a cruise next year on the Sapphire. It would be for two adults and two kids. When we go to book on Princess.com the only option for bed config for interior 4 person cabins appears to be "Twin" - Is that correct or can they be made up as a queen below and the two beds above for our kids (5 and 7)?

It would not work. If you did, you would have to crawl to the end of the queen size bed to get out - you couldn't stand up and walk along the side because the upper beds would be in the way. Second problem - where would the ladders for the upper beds stand if the queen size bed took up the whole middle of the room. Third problem - how could the steward make up any of the beds.

Just go with four single beds and forget having a queen size bed.

We were told by a steward that it is a safety requirement to have the clear aisle in the middle of the room when the upper beds are in use, requiring the twin configuration.

We have always cruised with our two kids and we have had the steward move the beds together on a couple of early cruises. But as Pam points out, it is awkward. You had to be careful not to bump your head getting out of bed due to the bunk above you. And the ladders had to be positioned at the end of the bunks instead of on the side. It took up a lot of room and was hard to manage. Now we just keep the twin configuration. My DH and I share the same bed at home so a few weeks a year while on a cruise to be in separate beds is not really a big deal. I just call him Ricky and he calls me Lucy! :D

Archived