I can't get enough photos of Brilliance of the Seas

Mad Zulu, I'm reliving my cruise on the beautiful Brilliance just by looking at your fantastic photos! Thank you so much. Kevin's girl, the Brilliance is a grand ship. She has character. I took my 23 year old daughter on a Mother-Daughter cruise on her and we had the time of our lives. We'd go swimming in the pool with the cute baby elephants and head to the steam room and sauna afterwards. Then we'd go for an al fresco lunch outside on the deck at the far end of the buffet. For reasons I'll never fathom, most people prefer eating inside and we never had any trouble finding a seat outdoors. The Seaview Cafe is another fun little lunch spot though it's tricky to find (well worth it though). I guess that's one thing I loved about the Brilliance--she's so much smaller than her Freedom class sisters and she's full of fun little nooks and crannies where you can find peace and quiet and sunshine. You will love your cruise on the Brilliance. :D

Thanks for your nice comments dln929.

For me you hit it spot on, loved the outdoor seating and the Seaview Cafe. So far it has been the only cruise we have used windjammer at night really relaxing sitting watching the moonlight on the wake and not having to dress up and keep pace with table mates on 1 or 2 nights.

For me the ship is just the right size. We love meeting new people and Brilliance was big enough to keep you occupied on sea days but still small enough that you get to meet shipmates at various times. We found that the larger Explorer tended to be less sociable than the smaller ships. We still enjoyed our cruise and even sailed on her a second time so it isn't that much of a drawback.

Kevins girl enjoy your cruise.

Mad Zulu, you really are the greatest. Thank you SO much for all of the fantastic photos. They really should keep me going for a while.

dln929, that little out side eating area at the back of the Windjammer should; on the starboard side, overlook our balcony. It seems that may become one of my favorite places to grab a bite also. Thanks for sharing the hints.

chickadee 1, I was wondering the same about the slide.

Loved your pictures - thank you!! Any chance of adults going on the water slide - or is that just for kids?!!

chickadee 1' date=' I was wondering the same about the slide.[/quote']

When we were on Serenade it was for kids only. When you are seeing it in person, it's not as big as you think it is and makes sense for kids only as pictures give it the illusion of being much larger.

Let's hope the ne Sunshine ships have a real adult water slide!!!:D

What gorgeous pictures Mad Zulu...thank you so much for posting them. I have never been on this class of ship before so we are really excited..even more so after seeing your pictures! We will be on shortly after Kevinsgirl with our 16 yo DD. Nobody will frown when she comes into the solarium, correct? She will be quiet and respectful, probably moreso than some adults! Love the outdoor dining and cannot wait to try the Seaview Cafe. What type of menu do they have? As excited as we are about the Brilliance, we cannot wait to show DD Old San Juan..we will have four days precruise to play and two days post cruise to hike ElYunque and see the Biobay. Thanks again! Lauri

The best area on the Brilliance is the outdoor eating area at the rear of the WJ. We had many leisurely lunches there after a morning of sightseeing. Unfortunately, I have heard that they are going to turn that area into an indoor Rita's Cantina.

If I could, I would sail again on the Brilliance again in a heartbeat before the refurb. It won't be the same.

The best area on the Brilliance is the outdoor eating area at the rear of the WJ. We had many leisurely lunches there after a morning of sightseeing. Unfortunately, I have heard that they are going to turn that area into an indoor Rita's Cantina.

If I could, I would sail again on the Brilliance again in a heartbeat before the refurb. It won't be the same.

Actually the Cantina and Izumi are supposed to be in that area just past the sliding doors leading out from the main section of the Windjammer and the open dining area beyond that will remain available for those of us who really enjoy having breakfast and lunch al fresco. We spoke to someone who has been on the Radiance since its refurbishment and she confirmed that the aft section with its outdoor seating remains untouched. We are looking forward to sailing on the Brilliance next year shortly after she is "revitalized".:)

• 1 month later...

We just booked the Brilliance and I am thinking of changing our room to a hump cabin. Does anybody know if Cabins 7592 7594 8602 8588 or 7608 come with lounge chairs on the balcony? It looks like the balcony is a little larger and we would love a lounge chair.

I'm on that one :D Did the other Southern route on the Serenade this past Feb. I have a knack for sailing Radiance class pre-dry dock, lol.

That's great! We sailed the Sovereign 3 weeks before her big makeover and one other (I can't remember which it was). You have to admit, it can make things interesting.

Have you joined the roll call for the cruise? It's a bit slow and quiet right now. I'm hpoing it picks up as we get closer.

Archived