Miracle 2013 or Splendor 2014?

libertyschool

Apart from the obvious fact that 2013 is closer and therefore not as long to wait give me your opinions on whether I should sail the Miracle in 2013 or the Splendor in 2014. I will be booking a February cruise to the Bahamas out of NYC. Just haven't decided if it will be 2013 or 2014. I've read great things about the Miracle but Splendor seems to be very similar to The Dream which I absolutely loved. Just looking for opinions and advice. Thanks :)

Apart from the obvious fact that 2013 is closer and therefore not as long to wait give me your opinions on whether I should sail the Miracle in 2013 or the Splendor in 2014. I will be booking a February cruise to the Bahamas out of NYC. Just haven't decided if it will be 2013 or 2014. I've read great things about the Miracle but Splendor seems to be very similar to The Dream which I absolutely loved. Just looking for opinions and advice. Thanks :)

Go with the Miracle, I love the Spirit class ships. The Splendor is ok but has a more crowded feel. JMO

My thoughts: lst of all, is there any way you could cruise in April or May? We cruise exclusively from Manhattan now because we are 20 minutes doorstep to cruise terminal and so don't have to worry about the added expense of flying, staying over a night pre cruise, etc. It limits our options because we "have" to cruise whatever ship CCL decides to put here! :eek::p But otherwise, we would not be able to cruise...have never been on the Splendor, but we booked her for May, 2013 because Miracle will be going to the west coast and Splendor here. We have been on Miracle 3x. Spirit class ships are really great, IMO and Miracle is a wonderful ship, grapes in the dining room and all! :rolleyes: The itins on both these cruises are the same and not the best, whereas if you sailed in the spring you could go to GT and HMC or St. Thomas. You also have to remember that at least the lst and last sea days are going to be COLD. I don't have to tell you about Feb. winter weather seeing as you are from Canada! You will also have to either fly or drive in at least a day in advance. Our Feb. weather is very unpredictable...I checked just for the heck of it and the Miracle would be less expensive then the Splendor for the same cruise except on different ships. We are actually thinking of booking the Miracle for 2/13 to sail on her "one last time" and at amazing prices. Sorry I couldn't give you a better opinion, but I can tell you that if you book the Miracle you will love her.

What Karen said!! Agree with every point she made!! (Hi Karen!!) The Miracle is our favorite ship and we are taking our "good bye" to the NYC Miracle in six weeks. That being said, we have never sailed the Splendor and will see what those first reviews are next spring when Splendor starts sailing out of NYC.

Whatever you decide, it will be a wonderful cruise!

SJ Karen

What Karen said!! Agree with every point she made!! (Hi Karen!!) The Miracle is our favorite ship and we are taking our "good bye" to the NYC Miracle in six weeks. That being said, we have never sailed the Splendor and will see what those first reviews are next spring when Splendor starts sailing out of NYC.

SJ Karen

Hi Karen!!! We are thinking of booking the Miracle for Feb, 2013 (like the OP! :cool:) Don't really want to cruise from NY in the middle of the winter, but would love to be on her one last time...figure we would be inside the house then anyway, so why not inside a ship! ;) We are doing the 5/9/13 Splendor, why don't you and Gene hop aboard! OP, sorry to highjack your thread! Let us know what you decide! Figuring it out is sometimes 1/2 the fun! :p

Do 'em both. I loved 'em both.:D

The MIRACLE being a Spirit classed ship is the GOLDILOCKS Carnival ship, IMHO. Not too big, not too small . . . JUST RIGHT.:D

But the SPLENDOR is beautiful and also not to be missed. Have cruised her 3 consecutive times. A close friend who's cruised Princess and NCL, took a cruise on her a couple of weeks ago, and he told me it was the best ship he's been on. He totally loved it.

If you book the Miracle, be sure to look for Gatsby's Garden. I think it's on deck 3 and surrounds Pharroh's Theater. It is such a pretty and peaceful place. I have never sat there, (I tend to like ACTION when I am on a cruise! :eek::cool::D) but it's nice to just walk thru it.

SJ Karen

DW and I are taking our farewell cruise on Splendor in just 2,1/2 weeks. We are already booked on the Miracle next year. I'm excited to have another Spirit class ship here on the west coast. I think you will like the Splendor still has that "NEW SHIP SMELL" :D

I think it's on deck 3 and surrounds Pharroh's Theater.

Phantom Theater.. how can you forget with all those Phantom of the Opera masks with the big glowing eye, that line the walls ;)

And adding my 2cents.. LOVE the Miracle, but I've never sailed any other ship, so I may be a little biased :)

Karen, I also cruise exclusively from New York (although this is only my third cruise!). :) It's about a 6 hour drive from where I live and beats paying for airfare! Being at sea is half the enjoyment of a cruise for me so the NY itineraries work well for me. I'm not sure I would enjoy a super port intensive cruise. I really love those sea days!! Someday I hope to do a transatlantic.

I cruised out of NY last year in May on NCL Gem. The weather was great of course. My first cruise in 2009 was on Carnival Dream and was in November, but we got lucky with that one too, it wasn't too cold. I realize that February means at least 2 days of cold weather, but I'm OK with that. My last cruise was just my oldest daughter and I and we spent the day at Universal Islands of Adventure on our Port Canaveral day. This time will be with the whole family, including my 2 younger daughters and they want their turn at Universal.:p That is why I'm choosing this itinerary, I'm just not sure if it'll be 2013 or 2014. I was trying to get a feel of the ships to help me decide. We are going in February because my oldest has her winter break in February (she's in university).

This will be my third time doing the Florida Bahamas itinerary, (one more for the kids!) NEXT time will be for me, either the Caribbean or Hawaii :D Maybe I should do Miracle this time while she is still around and save Splendor for a Caribbean trip. hmmm... decisions, decisions

Karen, I also cruise exclusively from New York (although this is only my third cruise!). :) It's about a 6 hour drive from where I live and beats paying for airfare! Being at sea is half the enjoyment of a cruise for me so the NY itineraries work well for me. I'm not sure I would enjoy a super port intensive cruise. I really love those sea days!! Someday I hope to do a transatlantic.

I cruised out of NY last year in May on NCL Gem. The weather was great of course. My first cruise in 2009 was on Carnival Dream and was in November, but we got lucky with that one too, it wasn't too cold. I realize that February means at least 2 days of cold weather, but I'm OK with that. My last cruise was just my oldest daughter and I and we spent the day at Universal Islands of Adventure on our Port Canaveral day. This time will be with the whole family, including my 2 younger daughters and they want their turn at Universal.:p That is why I'm choosing this itinerary, I'm just not sure if it'll be 2013 or 2014. I was trying to get a feel of the ships to help me decide. We are going in February because my oldest has her winter break in February (she's in university).

This will be my third time doing the Florida Bahamas itinerary, (one more for the kids!) NEXT time will be for me, either the Caribbean or Hawaii :D Maybe I should do Miracle this time while she is still around and save Splendor for a Caribbean trip. hmmm... decisions, decisions

Cripes....I wonder if we were on the same Dream cruise. Have never cruised in the winter from NY, but I really wanted to see the BIG SHIP and go on a BRAND NEW ONE, and the price was right, my MIL and DH's sister's MIL wanted to go also, so it worked out. (seperate cabins! :cool:) It was the "inaugural cruise" in 11/09 after the terrible CTN with the bad weather. Anyway, I agree, take the Miracle down to Orlando and enjoy Universal with the family. :D If you haven't already, you MUST experience HMC and GT. Love those ports....very very relaxing and fun! ;)

I was on the November 15th Dream Cruise in 09. We had fabulous weather so couldn't have been the same one. It was the one that got me hooked :) I just realized re-reading my post that I said "cruised out of NY last year in May on NCL Gem" that was actually this year... like 4 months ago... duh... seems like so long ago! hahaha. I think I could become a serious cruise addict!

Oh.....we were on the same (Dream) cruise! :D I meant the cruise BEFORE ours was the CTN and they had HORRID weather. We usually cruise Spirit class ships so it was a fun experience. Never got to the specialty food stations because the lines were super long, but we did not go hungry! :p Love the Spirit class, but it will be fun to do a "new ship" aka Splendor!) :)

Hello from Oshawa !

We absolutely love the Miracle, so here's another vote for her :D Have sailed on her 4x already.

We will be sailing on her repositioning cruise out of NY on March 16th doing the Panama Canal 15 day itinerary...lots of sea days, and 5 ports plus the Canal...we end up in Long Beach California ! :) We have never sailed from NY before, but it's nice to have a port so close to home.

Whatever decision you make, you'll have a great cruise !

I was on the November 15th Dream Cruise in 09. We had fabulous weather so couldn't have been the same one. It was the one that got me hooked :) I just realized re-reading my post that I said "cruised out of NY last year in May on NCL Gem" that was actually this year... like 4 months ago... duh... seems like so long ago! hahaha. I think I could become a serious cruise addict!

Hey,we were on this cruise too.We loved the Dream and were sorry it couldn't stay in NYC.But at least we got to go on her.It was so cool pulling into the ports for the first time on her.What a welcome all the ports gave us.I remember being in the serenity area watching another Carnival ship (Pride?) pulling out from one of the ports an getting pretty close to us.We were standing next to a older man in a speedo who was watching that ship pretty closele.Made perfect sense after a bar waiter whispered in our ear that we were standing next to the captain!I said to the captain"making sure they don't get too close,huh"and he said"no one touches my baby".Pretty cool.

I think we are booking the Splendor for next May.Has pretty much everything the Dream had except for the pasta place.

Laura

Do 'em both. I loved 'em both.:D

The MIRACLE being a Spirit classed ship is the GOLDILOCKS Carnival ship, IMHO. Not too big, not too small . . . JUST RIGHT.:D

But the SPLENDOR is beautiful and also not to be missed. Have cruised her 3 consecutive times. A close friend who's cruised Princess and NCL, took a cruise on her a couple of weeks ago, and he told me it was the best ship he's been on. He totally loved it.

I agree! With a lot of ship comparisons, I would vote for the Spirit class. I happen to also really like the Splendor.

Hey,we were on this cruise too.We loved the Dream and were sorry it couldn't stay in NYC.But at least we got to go on her.It was so cool pulling into the ports for the first time on her.What a welcome all the ports gave us.I remember being in the serenity area watching another Carnival ship (Pride?) pulling out from one of the ports an getting pretty close to us.We were standing next to a older man in a speedo who was watching that ship pretty closele.Made perfect sense after a bar waiter whispered in our ear that we were standing next to the captain!I said to the captain"making sure they don't get too close,huh"and he said"no one touches my baby".Pretty cool.

I think we are booking the Splendor for next May.Has pretty much everything the Dream had except for the pasta place.

Laura

Yea, we were on the same cruise...why don't you book the 5/9 Splendor and cruise with us "again?" :D The Captain in a speedo? That's one thing I am not sorry I missed! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hello from Oshawa !

We absolutely love the Miracle, so here's another vote for her Have sailed on her 4x already.

We will be sailing on her repositioning cruise out of NY on March 16th doing the Panama Canal 15 day itinerary...lots of sea days, and 5 ports plus the Canal...we end up in Long Beach California ! :) We have never sailed from NY before, but it's nice to have a port so close to home.

Whatever decision you make, you'll have a great cruise !

We have family in Oshawa and visit frequently. It's a small world! I love sailing out of NY. Sailing past the statue of liberty is pretty cool and not having to pay for airfare is an added bonus. The Panama canal sounds amazing. My in-laws are thinking about doing that one too... and they also live in Oshawa :)

Laura

I remember coming very close to the Pride and thinking we were going to hit! Too funny about the captain in his speedo. I loved the Dream but I don't know if it was just because it was a new ship and everything seemed so pristine; or if it was because it was my first cruise and I was SOOO thrilled to be there because I had been dreaming about one for so long (pardon the pun). That's why I was leaning towards the Splendor, because it seems more like the Dream. That being said, I can definitely see the appeal of the smaller spirit class ships as well. From what I've read the NCL Jewel class ships are similar to the Carnival Spirit class and I did enjoy the Gem for the size and "feel" of the ship. But there were things that I preferred about the Dream. I think I'd be happy on any ship to tell you the truth! I just love to be cruising!!

Yea, we were on the same cruise...why don't you book the 5/9 Splendor and cruise with us "again?" :D The Captain in a speedo? That's one thing I am not sorry I missed! :eek:

That sounds fabulous! You never know, it could happen! :D

Yea, we were on the same cruise...why don't you book the 5/9 Splendor and cruise with us "again?" :D The Captain in a speedo? That's one thing I am not sorry I missed! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The is so fuuny-We are thinking of booking the Spendor May 9th!So we just may cruise with you again.

Laura

Archived