Corking Fees in DR? (Royal caribbean)

xgoa1@aol.com

Wanted to know if anyone had experience on Freedom of the Seas (RC) with BYOB of wine to have at dinner. Corking fees? On Celebrity Equinox (Holy Land Cruise), I was allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine, but drank in my room so never got chance. Any info would be appreciated.

I've often wondered if the ship charges a corking (or rather, "uncorking") fee to open the free bottles of champagne some people win, such as in the Love and Marriage game show. Now that would be a real bummer -- "Here's your free bottle of champagne, but the MDR charges you $10 to open it." Well, at least champagne does not require a corkscrew.

Corkage fee is not a fee for opening a bottle.

It is a fee charged for the privelege of bringing your own bottle of wine to MDR, or even land-based restaurants. Proprieter would like to profit a little from a bottle not purchased on-board, or from them.

I have never heard of a corkage fee being charged for a bottle won or purchased on board, or gifted to a passenger.

Royal is the wrong cruise line for carry on wine.

Any other line has a better policy for carry on wine. All others allow some wine to be carried on and corkage fee charged in dining rooms or perhaps not. Most other lines even have better wine packages and wine lists as regarding value and selection.

Archived