Odd Question About Mosquitos

jstducky

In the past when I've visited Thailand, I know that mosquitos have always been a problem for me, especially since I don't react that well to mosquito bites.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a cruise next year that starts in Hong Kong, ends in Singapore and has 2 stops in Vietnam in the middle.

For anyone who has been to these cities/country, have mosquitos been an issue?

In the past when I've visited Thailand, I know that mosquitos have always been a problem for me, especially since I don't react that well to mosquito bites.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a cruise next year that starts in Hong Kong, ends in Singapore and has 2 stops in Vietnam in the middle.

Same itinerary No mossies in Jan. Took deep woods off with us-didn't use it.

Jstducky,

What cruise are you taking? We are taking what sounds like the same won and we live in Placentia.:) Maybe we should meet for coffee and share notes.

Lesley

Jstducky,

What cruise are you taking? We are taking what sounds like the same won and we live in Placentia.:) Maybe we should meet for coffee and share notes.

Lesley

We are thinking of taking the Sun Princess July 30, 2013 from Hong Kong to Singapore.

Haven't booked yet, but am about 90% sure now we'll move forward with it

PS - I'm originally from Yorba Linda, and while my family home is still there, I actually live up in LA these days.

I did loads of research 3 years ago for a trip into the Central American rain forest. I have one of those pores systems that bugs love.

My conclusion was to use Neem oil, brilliant! Not one bite. (The neem tree is the only tree a plague of locusts will leave behind)

Whilst in the rain forest 3 or 4 in the party using a DEET based product were eaten alive.

We are headed for India in November and it will be Neem oil again.

It comes in two formats oil and cream, the cream is best for the face.

It is also pretty cheap, one 250ml bottle of oils and 100ml of cream was about £9 ($14)

David

Archived