DOD or your favorite drink at sailaway?

l8cruiser

No foofoo drinks for me, too much sugar. Margaritas made from scratch, no mix or simple sugar added. Maybe a beer if I am in the mood.

Do the bartenders frown when you ask for a margarita made from scratch or do they try to push the premade margarita's?

Losing my cruiseginity Sept.16 ,2012 "Chuck"

:pYES!!!! My absolute favorite drink! (And I thought I was the only one who knew about it.....LOL)

Always get a Miami Vice (half pina colada, half strawberry daquiri). I find that they aren't very strong but so delicious. You could always get a Malibu floater to go with it. :)

I like to try the DOD if it doesn't have anything too acidic (I get hives). So if it has something like OJ or pineapple juice, I opt for a Miami Vice.

Though with the new deluxehigh seas gift set that BV now has, we will be enjoying champagne on our aft balcony during sailaway!

Woooo, 9 more days :D

The Miami Vice is my favorite too. A glass full of awesomeness!!!

My favorite as well!!

On a side note....this past weekend we were at our lake house and went out to dinner. Since I've been cruise obsessed for the last couple weeks, when I noticed "MIAMI VICE" on the drink board for the bar/restaurant I ordered one right away! Imagine my disappointment when they delivered a virgin kiddie cocktail.... :(

I was wondering whether most people got a DOD or opted for their favorite drink at sailaway. Are the dod's good most of the time or watered down punchy drinks ?

I always opt for "A Kiss on the Lips" mango puree, peach schnapps, vodka. YUMMY!!!

I always drink our bottle of Champagne I brought on board while sitting in the adults only jacuzzi with my husband while we sail out of port.

When we bring our son, we'll let him either make a root beer float, or buy him a virgin daiquri and enjoy the view from the deck with him while we sip our champagne.

Also, it is most important to make yourself a too go bloody mary to drink while you are navigating the lines to get on board. Just need to finish it before the security check.;)

Do the bartenders frown when you ask for a margarita made from scratch or do they try to push the premade margarita's?

They never bat and eye at the request. I think they actually enjoy the opportunity to makes real drinks instead of the touristy pre-made ones. I usually give them a little extra tip for the service. They are so much better than the pre-made garbage out of the bottles.

My first cruise I grabbed the DOD and it was good but just like everyone else is saying- too sugary.

This time around I am going to go for the Mojitos. I have heard that they are delicious.

Have them make your Mojito from scratch. The mix they pre-make up and use is loaded with simple sugar. All a Majito needs is just a small amount of sugar (small splash of simple sugar) to take the edge off the lime.

I always drink our bottle of Champagne I brought on board while sitting in the adults only jacuzzi with my husband while we sail out of port.

When we bring our son, we'll let him either make a root beer float, or buy him a virgin daiquri and enjoy the view from the deck with him while we sip our champagne.

Also, it is most important to make yourself a too go bloody mary to drink while you are navigating the lines to get on board. Just need to finish it before the security check.;)

Ha Ha, makes waiting in line enjoyable.

Archived