Montreal

We are arriving in Montreal at 8:32pm thur. Sept 13. We will be staying @ Le Westin Montreal, 250 Saint-Antoune O. Anyone know how far it is from YUL airport?

I'm assuming we'll have to take a cab...any ideas of what that might cost? I'm not familiar with riding in cabs. Also, how much do you tip a cab driver...is it a percentage, or just a general amount???

Do a google map or mapquest search and you'll get your info on distance betweeen the two points.

This site will also help figure out approx. cab fare...as well as map the hotel/airport.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Montreal

Tipping is usually a percentage of the fare...15% would be fine for me. I can't remember if cabs there take US dollars or if we used Cad. Someone else here will help with that.

Three choices... taxi, limo (not stretch) or city bus.

Taxi - $40 plus tip.

Limo - $49.60 plus tip.

Bus - $8 per person with a 24 hour pass, $16 with a 3 calendar day pass.

Travel time at least 30 minutes, 45 is more likely if they follow the speed limits. There are no extras. They usually take CC (ask before you get in, not all cabs are equipped, if this one isn't, you get the next one that is.) They will usually take USD, but remember that USD aren't worth as much. Today at the bank USD$40 gave only CAD$38.50, so it's at least USD$42 plus tip.

Archived