It's getting old...

holidayathesea

Ok, in numerous threads that I have been following I have been seeing everyone be really rude lately. I guess it's that stressful time of the year, but there is really no need for it. It's so much easier to be quiet about things and to be nice than it is to put up a fight. So, lets just focus on a common interest among all of us....

CRUISING!

Happy Cruising everyone!

Ok, in numerous threads that I have been following I have been seeing everyone be really rude lately. I guess it's that stressful time of the year, but there is really no need for it. It's so much easier to be quiet about things and to be nice than it is to put up a fight. So, lets just focus on a common interest among all of us....

CRUISING!

Happy Cruising everyone!

I totally agree! Not everyone who visits these boards is an expert on cruising.I try to answer questions I have experience with, much the same as when I ask questions.There is no reason to be rude to people...this is not acceptable behavior and certainly wouldn't be tolerated in a face-to-face conversation...not unless you expected to get punched.

And I totally agree with you. No need of snipping at each other. :)

There have been a couple of postings that I would have liked to answer, but left them alone because of all the animosity. I really don't think folks know how they "sound" sometimes. Probably do not mean it, but the reader can see it differently.

But I must mention there are times I would like to "strangle" some posters :D:D

CRUISING!

Happy Cruising everyone!

I agree! Happy People and Happy Cruising!

I'm with you guys! I'm a nurse, and see a lot of bad, bad things every day. I sure don't like all the sniping and arguing on these boards once it's time to relax and plan for vacation! If we all could only realize how good we really have it....we're lucky to be able to cruise!!

Happy Sailings!

Sorry, I’m in the minority here. I think the boards have been relatively civil compared to what they can be. Can someone give me an example of recent rude behavior?

We just booked our first Princess cruise. The first two threads I viewed over on this board were "a little snippy". I was going to post, but didn't want to get raked over the coals like some other posters had. It's not just the Princess board - things can be just as ugly over on the RCCL side. Perhaps if we'd remember that we're here because we enjoy cruising, and we'd either like to garner some information to enhance our cruising experience, or help others to do the same.

As another poster stated - can't we play nice?:)

Sorry, I’m in the minority here. I think the boards have been relatively civil compared to what they can be. Can someone give me an example of recent rude behavior?

The political correctness has gotten a little too pervasive. One can't offer a contrary opinion or question a poster's knowledge or motives without being branded mean.

The political correctness has gotten a little too pervasive. One can't offer a contrary opinion or question a poster's knowledge or motives without being branded mean.

Is that it? I must be at the top of the list based on my MUTS outbursts alone!

I agree with bdjam. I've seen very little, if any, mean spirited posts since I came back on the boards about a month ago. It is probably the experienced poster that recognizes a friendly jab or a joke.

Holidayatthesea: Please give us a couple of examples of what you are talking about. Maybe it is on a thread that I had no interest in and that is why I haven't noticed any.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Nice People!! I am new to this board, and I was beginning to wonder where you were all hiding. I have been afraid to post because of the rude snaps for minor infractions of board rules. I'm glad someone else spoke up. Although the information here is helpful, I have not had a favorable impression of the atmosphere here.

I agree....I used to post frequently but have noticed an increase in sarcasm and intolerance in the past year...Now I pick and choose according to # of replies etc...to try and supply info and nothing else...just not worth nit-picking...

I know..I know...most boards are worse but we need to "play nice" and "watch our tone" to quote my mother...

How is it a "stressful time of the year" I would think December would be worser.

Well, for me, school just ended. It's a time of year for school to be ending, a lot of jobs are ending, people are moving, etc. There is just a lot of stuff going on right now it seems. Yes, December is also a busy/stressful time of the year, but I'm not going to get into that, lol.

Also, I'm not going to post examples, but I have seen it specifically in 3 different threads in the last 2 days. I don't want to point fingers at people, and no offense, but that's because it will just keep things going. If I say (and this is totally an example) that it was spongerob in "such and such thread" then he's going to get all defensive and respond back negatively. The point of my thread was so that everyone would realize that we need to be polite and that people are just sharing information!

THINK ABOUT CRUISING!!!

I'm a nurse, too. Ain't it the truth, we get no respect! :mad: I am the charge nurse on my unit, and I get snapped at (and much worse) daily. I come to this board after a long 13-14 hours at work to read and get excited about my first cruise (June 2006), and it's more of the same bitching, snapping and shouting that I heard all day!

Human nature. Like many boards, it runs hot and cold. I don't find this board particularly confrontational. I do find it more on the mature side, with ups and downs. Some people tend to get over-sensitive when their words are out there hanging by a thread. Pun intended.

Here's a good one. Seems like a couple of people here are tired of hearing me say the food on the Princess Diamond is lousey. :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=177769

Archived