Tea types?

Love.II.Cruise

One of my few disappointments with Oceania is that they don't serve loose leaf tea during their afternoon tea service. The use of Twinings tea bags does not create a very special experience.

On the other hand, the outstanding pastries and beautiful ambience DO provide for a special experience.

Overall, afternoon tea is great, but it could be better with the use of loose leaf tea and a better selection.

One of my few disappointments with Oceania is that they don't serve loose leaf tea during their afternoon tea service. The use of Twinings tea bags does not create a very special experience.

On the other hand, the outstanding pastries and beautiful ambience DO provide for a special experience.

Overall, afternoon tea is great, but it could be better with the use of loose leaf tea and a better selection.

I can just imagine the mess with the loose tea leaves :eek:

Most people cannot wait for the staff to serve the tea & they go to the counter to get their own

On our river cruise they have filter baskets that fit inside the tea pots even though they asked people to use the filters for the tea leaves many did not ..then it required more time for the crew to clean those nice white tea pots of the tea leaves ;)

JMO

The tea that they serve for high tea was called Tea Forte. We liked one of the selections so much that we ordered some online when we got home. There is a menu of selections and we tried a different one each time. I liked the White Ginger Pear myself.

The tea that they serve for high tea was called Tea Forte. We liked one of the selections so much that we ordered some online when we got home. There is a menu of selections and we tried a different one each time. I liked the White Ginger Pear myself.

I have only been to Afternoon tea on Oceania & the Special tea Dansant on the longer voyages

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/taste/2011/04/tea-dansant-a-spectacular-display-of-our-pastry-chefs-talent.html

Did they change from Twinings brand?

The TEA FORTE looks like the one in Red Ginger do they serve them all over the ship now :confused:

Love the white ginger pear one

Lyn

Slightly Confused :confused:

Do they serve the Tea in a Pot using Tea Bags ;)

or

Just a Tea Bag in the cup ?? :eek:

Got me thinking about High Teas we have had over the Years

The Description in the P&O Cruises is more what I think of as High Tea.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=442

and a couple of images

9922310_1451d7a0e0_z.jpg

Harrods

gf-tea3.jpg

gf-tea2.jpg

Grande Floridian WDW

b7dc68eb-2a64-498c-bc6c-797f3df7650c.jpg

Chateau Lake Louise (note Tea Bags)

Just got the scones out of the freezer , double thickened King Island Cream

out of the Fridge and Strawberry Jam.

3 Guesses what is going to happen next :D

On our Oceania cruises for the afternoon tea we have always been given a pot of hot water for each person and a tea bag on the side. You can put your teabag in the pot or in your teacup, whichever you prefer.

They have always come around when you first sit down with a box of Twinings teabags, a good variety of different kinds of tea both caffeinated and decaffinated.

It has never occured to us to bring our own teabags.

People on this board also talk about bringing their own coffee maker and I'm very fussy about coffee but never had a problem on Oceania.

We like cruises because we have always been able to get what we want to eat and drink. My husband can't eat spices of any type and all 3 cruiiselines that we have been on have been very accomodating.

We do like Oceania the best by far and love the afternoon tea.

If you are a "tea person" you will go crazy in Red Ginger~

I wish I had taken a picture of the tea menu in Red Ginger, just to remember what was offered. I tried several but my favorite was Vanilla Orchid.

The teapots were not glass though. They were (probably) stainless steel made to look like bronze and were HEAVY! I don't know how some of the waitresses carried 4 on a tray.:eek:

Are the Afternoon teas now servrd in Red Ginger?

~Doris~

No, afternoon tea is still served in Horizons.

I was talking earlier about something different: the tea choices offered at Red Ginger during dinner hours.

It has been over a year since we were on Oceania :eek: so things may have changed

Afternoon tea is served in Horizons with a proper tea pot but tea bags by Twinings

Red Ginger has the special teas we had a white tea pot but heard they had glass ones after our cruise

tea menu

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/menus/oclass/red-ginger/01-Red-Ginger-Tea-Menu.pdf

You can also get Twining bags at the selfserve counter in the Terrace along with tea pots if you choose

Or you can use the cup if that is how you like it :rolleyes:

Lyn

It has been over a year since we were on Oceania :eek: so things may have changed

Afternoon tea is served in Horizons with a proper tea pot but tea bags by Twinings

Red Ginger has the special teas we had a white tea pot but heard they had glass ones after our cruise

tea menu

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/menus/oclass/red-ginger/01-Red-Ginger-Tea-Menu.pdf

You can also get Twining bags at the selfserve counter in the Terrace along with tea pots if you choose

Or you can use the cup if that is how you like it :rolleyes:

Lyn

clear-glass-teapot-3.jpg

Sadly, the Glass Teapots have both come and gone. :(

I understand that the Dishwashers were not very kind to them.

clear-glass-teapot-3.jpg

Sadly, the Glass Teapots have both come and gone. :(

I understand that the Dishwashers were not very kind to them.

I have one of those glass teapots at home, and the bundled teas really do blossom like flowers. I love my tea! But I'm sure I'll be happy with the teas offered on Oceania. I hope I can get the various options in the morning (not just afternoon tea) delivered to our cabin.

I hope I can get the various options in the morning (not just afternoon tea) delivered to our cabin.

They have English Breakfast as well ;)

Just tell them the type of tea you want they will deliver

I seem to remember they brought a selection but I just wrote the kind we wanted on the card before we put it out at night

The new teapots (at least in Red Ginger on Riviera) are probably stainless steel but look like cast iron...and are heavy as iron. I wish I had taken a photo -- they look like they were used as a prop for the samauri tea rituals on the 1980's mini-series "Shogun".

The new teapots (at least in Red Ginger on Riviera) are probably stainless steel but look like cast iron...and are heavy as iron. I wish I had taken a photo -- they look like they were used as a prop for the samauri tea rituals on the 1980's mini-series "Shogun".

do they look like this

enjoyingtea_2223_70414

Archived