FLL One Day Post Cruise Before Early Evening Flight--What To Do?

moondoggie

on Sat Dec 1 we leave our cruise ship, but don't have a flight till early evening. I've rented a car at FLL airport--how far can we go and where should we go? We are not shoppers, and do not need to be at a beach. We will store luggage in our trunk, so have about 6-9 hours to spend. I figure we could drive a max of 2 hours each way to get back in plenty of time.

Any recommendations where to go/what to do? I read the Harry Potter thread, but don't think we have enough time.

Thank you!

Since you have a car, consider going to Everglades National Park. Park entrance is only $10 per car and you'll certainly get your monies worth even with a half day visit. In the winter the wildlife is absolutely incredible.

You'll spend about 2 hours round trip driving to either Shark Valley or Royal Palm - that can be done easily in a day especially if you disembark early. While Shark Valley is actually a little closer, you need more time to see it (they have a great 15 mile tram ride that takes a couple of hours if I remember correctly and does cost extra). Royal Palm is 5 minutes past the Ernest Coe Visitor Center (stop and watch the 15 - 20 minute movie). Royal Palm has a one mile or slightly less boardwalk that is fantastic (and no extra charges). You can 'do that' faster than Shark Valley. If you go to Royal Palm make sure you stop at Robert Is Here (you can't miss it on the road between Route 1 and the Park entrance) and have a milk shake - key lime is my favorite!

Archived