Where to find the last minute deals

samjj

since DH is now retired and my job is very flexible, we would like to take advantage of last-minute deals. Are there any, and how do you find them?

Is it best to contact a TA, or Princess directly?

We need to plan a little bit in advance since we need to fly, but one week is about all the advance notice we'll need.

Can last-minute deals be had?

thanks for any info.

Jaime

We can't recommend any sites specifically, but if you notice the banner ads on this page and on the home page of the CC site, you'll find some good places to start. Also, you can go the Princess site and look for their "specials" to get an idea of what is availabe for cruises departing in the next three months or so. If you see one there that interests you, check around and see how prices compare. Don't fret over a few dollars - service counts, too.

I suggest signing up on the cruise line websites for last-minute deals. On Princess, there's a notice to sign up for "Email notices of special deals" toward the bottom right, under the "Register" banner. I also receive email notices from several large Internet travel agencies and from the TA with whom we booked our last cruise.

There are lots of last-minute deals. I get so many tempting offers. It's hard to resist--but our schedules won't permit us to go. We did find a great deal on a Celebrity holiday sailing last November. We booked it six weeks before leaving. Friends of ours just got back from the Star's trans-Atlantic. They booked an inside for $699 pp and were upgraded to a balcony.

I live in Florida where it is great to find a last minute deal....or it used to be. Most cruise ships leave port with all cabins occupied. However, I did find a last minute deal last year, but it was through a local travel agency. TA's to know how to find them and they have a working relationship with cruise lines. We booked on Friday and left the following Thursday.

I have been lucky to get some of these last minute deals. My agent works for a company that seems to have speicals that have me cruising, more than I thought possible. Sometimes it seems cheaper to cruise than to stay home.;)

I would definitely go through a TA specializing in cruising - online or in person. Check around a little and you will probably find the same deals at a number of places, so find a TA you like and go for it.

Specifically look at the standby program for past passengers on the Princess website - log in to your Captain's Circle account and register for what I thought were some pretty smokin' last-minute deals. My DH just got an offer (after his first cruise!) that was almost criminal.

Eric

Archived