Your Favourite Cruise Line/ship?

Hi All,

I am wanting to find out peoples suggestions and experiences from cruises leaving from Sydney.. I am going on my 4th cruise in december with two of my kids, my previous 3 cruises have been with P&O and this time it will be with Royal carribean on the Voyager..

I am wanting to book for just my husband an myself for early 2013 and am wondering peoples opinions on which line and ship they would suggest. We are in mid 30's

Thanks

the "mid 30s" is far behind me.......but I have cruised since the age of 19, so do remember being that age on board a ship. My choice would be Celebrity. Don't know if there will be too many choices with this line out of Sydney, but comparing them with other lines I've cruised, they come out on top. I have previously cruised, P&O Aust, P&O, Cunard, MSC, Carnival, Holland America and of course Princess. Up until my previous cruise on Celebrity, Princess would have been my first choice. I am still to try Royal Carib......enjoy whichever cruise you decide to take, I've never been on a bad one!!!..........Jan

For us Celebrity wins hands down followed by Princess. We have also been on P&O Aust, P&O UK, and Cunard. Celebrity to us was a much higher standard than any of these other cruise lines.

DW & I have only been on Royal Caribbean. They have a product that suits us so we see no reason to try another cruise line at this stage. Besides, sticking with the one line means moving up the loyalty program ladder.:)

We've only been on 4 cruises to date & 3 of those have been on Rhapsody of the Seas (our 1st was on Legend of the Seas). We're booked on Voyager of the Seas for January & I can't wait to try the bigger ship. :D

I'm 32 and my partner is 39 and we like the P&O Australia ships. We're going on Carnival Spirit in a couple of weeks and we've looked at other lines (which I'm sure we'll get to eventually), but we always keep going back to P&O Australia. :)

My favourite will always be Aurora because it was my first. The Sapphire Princess is another ship I really liked allot and last year Radiance of the Seas made a good impression. Next year I am trying Celebrity Solstice for the first time and it is a completely different style than what I am used to in the past.

I have been on P&O (Aus), Princess (Aus), HAL and Star Cruises and I am a very happy HAL girl (and only just turned 41, so not grey haired or packing a walker:D). So far, HAL is definitely my cruiseline of choice, but I am about to try Celebrity Solstice in January, and I am preparing myself for divided loyalties :p.

Cheers,

Have sailed on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, P&O & Carnival and I always end up going back to Royal Caribbean :)

With Royal Caribbean it feels like "family". I love their product and their crew.

I would love to try NCL, but they have nothing that grabs my fancy at the moment.

For my next cruise, I'm looking at Russia/Scandanavia followed by a Transatlantic on Royal Caribbean in 2014.

Only sailed Princess and quite happy with their standards.

Been on Dawn/Sun/Sea Princess and overall for us Sun Princess won hands down.

It may have been the captain at that time or just a fluke but the staff & ships overall atmosphere were exceptional and that made the holiday for us. :D:D

Archived