Cash Deposit?

My sister is going on the 3 day Sovereign of the Seas Cruise this weekend. Instead of using a credit card to establish her onboard account, she is going to use cash.

Does anyone know how much she will need to establish her account?

She can put any amount on it she wants. She does need to know that if she gets too close to her balance, they may cut her off. It is very easy to check your balance on the TV in your cabin. They will let you go up to 100.00 before you put the cash on your account so she does not need to rush to guest relations and stand in a long line to set up. We liked not having a credit card bill when we came home and though we could have left the cash in our account and paid it when we got back, I felt this kept us on a good budget. If you put too much on your account, you just go to guest relations on the last day and get a refund of your overpayment. Hope this helps.:)

I second everything they said above - that is exactly how it worked on my last cruise and we used cash the whole time - never used a credit card!

It was GREAT!

Did this work well for you? This is what DH and I are planning to do for our first cruise in June.

YEs, because we couldn't spend more than what we alotted - we gave $200 to the purser when we first boarded and that was our limit. She did say that they give a $100 limit right off so we didn't have to give them anything up front - but since we knew we would spend near $200 we went ahead and gave them that. We had a tad left over and they gave it back to us before we left.

Fantastic and smooth and easy...

I tried to answer this once... but I keep losing my posts. So, if it gets put in twice, I apologize.

I agree with everyone else... the only thing we did different was use the CC on the last day... we either needed to put more money OR the CC. So we opted for the CC so we didn't have to stand in line the next morning to get any left over money back. Plus, I wanted to shop for pics that last morning and wasn't sure if we could use cash accounts on that last day. Either way, using cash was a piece of cake and will do it again next trip.

Does Sovereign have interactive TV now?...following the refurb? Last time we were on Monarch, Sovereign class, Interactive TV/account balance was not available.

On the one cruise that I used cash for, I secured the account with a credit card, and then went down to the pursers on the last evening and just paid the bill off with cash. It is easy to do it either way. :)

Archived