Flying to/from FLL-Cruising port Miami, help!!!

shooky

Hi!

Here is my situation: We are 4 adults and 4 childrens (9 to 14 years old) flying to Faurt Lauderdale 01/25/2013, staying in hotel for the night in Fort Lauderdale. Using SAS to go to POM on the 26.

Now here is my problem, our flight on the 02/02/2013 is at 7h30 pm and we dont want to be all day at the airport (kids will get bored). I looked at carnival excursion with transfer to FLL but they only have one and its with bad reviews.

Any idea on what we could do??? What about our luggages?

Thank you for your help.

Hi!

Here is my situation: We are 4 adults and 4 childrens (9 to 14 years old) flying to Faurt Lauderdale 01/25/2013, staying in hotel for the night in Fort Lauderdale. Using SAS to go to POM on the 26.

Now here is my problem, our flight on the 02/02/2013 is at 7h30 pm and we dont want to be all day at the airport (kids will get bored). I looked at carnival excursion with transfer to FLL but they only have one and its with bad reviews.

Any idea on what we could do??? What about our luggages?

Thank you for your help.

I know that Carnival excursion with transfer to FLL didn't get good reviews, but I'm doing it in November because it sounds better than sitting around the airport all day. They take care of your luggage while you're on the tour. The only other option I can think of for you is to rent a mini-van or 2 cars and drive to FLL, and use the afternoon to do some sightseeing around Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale. You could probably do that for less cost than the 8 of you taking the Carnival tour, and you could go where you want.

Can u drop your luggage at the airport and go to the beach for a while at Ft Lauderdale? Nice yacht area as well, nice promenade...

Normally they wont let you drop off luggage that early.

I agree with nwcruiselover, I wouldnt do the South Beach excursion, it would cost your group almost $350. You could rent a van and drive anywhere you want

Can u drop your luggage at the airport and go to the beach for a while at Ft Lauderdale? Nice yacht area as well, nice promenade...

Airtran does not accept luggage any earlier than 3 hours from your flight at FLL. We came in on the Valor this AM, arrived at the airport at 10:30 AM for a 2:30 flight. We had to wait until 11:30 AM to check in baggage. Other airlines may have different rules, but there were a lot of Valor passengers on other airlines waiting like we were to check their baggage.

Firefly, like Daytoncruiser said the excusion is south beach experience and the price is $45.99 adult and $39.99 children.

Nikymjw, i dont think we can check-in our luggage that early.

Nwcruiselover, i like your idea of renting cars/mini-van is there a place to rent it at the pier?

I booked thru Gold Coast Car Rental in Fll and they arranged to pick me up from the ship for an additional $50 bucks plus the car rental. They will then drive you to the airport for no fee. Its about $80 for the entire day so it might be worth checking out.

Last year for my girlscruise I rented a minivan through Alamo. They have a free shuttle from POM to their rental office and we stopped off in Hollywood FL at the beach and boardwalk. It was fun until the rain started, then we went to the very LARGE mall. We returned the car at FLL and they had another free shuttle to the our airline. It definately was better then sitting in the airport all day.

I would definately recommend renting a car.

I also agree with renting a car. The only other thing I could think in regard to your luggage is if your ship offers the luggage service where they transport it to the airport for you etc. and you pick it up when you land. The program name escapes me right now.

I think on Carnival its called "Luggage Express" :confused:. I think its about $20-$25 a piece though. A little pricey if your a family with more then 1 piece of luggage. I would just put it in the trunk and spend the money on lunch :D

I also agree with renting a car. The only other thing I could think in regard to your luggage is if your ship offers the luggage service where they transport it to the airport for you etc. and you pick it up when you land. The program name escapes me right now.

It's called Luggage Express, and it's a great service. With the service Carnival also issues your airline boarding pass, so all you have to do at the airport is go to the security line. With 8 people in OP's party, that would cost $160 for everyone. So maybe keeping the luggage in the rental car would be a better option.

Archived