How Would I

shorbr

dress up a black pant suit? I purchased it from Talbots and would like to dress it up a bit. I will try to post a picture from the website if I can.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA :)

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi29432&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat80010&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi29433

Also, I wear a black suit everyday for work...part of the uniform and I want it to look like I am not going to work.

dress up a black pant suit? I purchased it from Talbots and would like to dress it up a bit. I will try to post a picture from the website if I can.

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi29432&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat80010&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008

Also, I wear a black suit everyday for work...part of the uniform and I want it to look like I am not going to work.

Sharp looking set!

This is what I would do....use jewelry to dress up:

bangle bracelets

Necklaces with multiple chains are so popular now...even in pearls:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107189512/vintage-multi-strand-pearl-necklace?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=multi+strand+pearl+necklace&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=multi+strand+pearl+necklace&ga_view_type=gallery

Also would wear a pair of dress heels

Or could also wear a glitter shell under the jacket...guess it depends on you style.

I would totally add blingy shoes and a silver sparkly shell underneath. Great silve jewelry and maybe do something a little fancy with your hair. You should be all set!

You could also ditch the jacket for one of the nights and do a dressy pattern/print top with the blingy shoes and it wouldn't look like suit pants at all, just nice tailored dress pants.

That was a great link!

I would totally add blingy shoes and a silver sparkly shell underneath. Great silve jewelry and maybe do something a little fancy with your hair. You should be all set!

You could also ditch the jacket for one of the nights and do a dressy pattern/print top with the blingy shoes and it wouldn't look like suit pants at all, just nice tailored dress pants.

That was a great link!

Thanks, I have numerous shoes to pick from, but my hair is in a pixie cut (not too much to do there...lol). I like the idea of a sparkly silver shell underneath.

Sharp looking set!

This is what I would do....use jewelry to dress up:

bangle bracelets

Necklaces with multiple chains are so popular now...even in pearls:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107189512/vintage-multi-strand-pearl-necklace?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=multi+strand+pearl+necklace&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=multi+strand+pearl+necklace&ga_view_type=gallery

Also would wear a pair of dress heels

Or could also wear a glitter shell under the jacket...guess it depends on you style.

I absolutely love those pearls...great idea :)

I agree with KeithsKelly - ditch the jacket and wear a dressy top. It doesn't even have to be sparkly, it could be a satin or silk.

There's a lot of lace around these days. Here's a cute top from Talbots:

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi29359&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat120042&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008

I found a similar lace shell at Marshall's and bought one in black and one in navy. They aren't super dressy, but they are good for evening.

If you go with a solid colour top then you could also wear a pretty scarf to add a burst of colour. Or if you think you might get cold then carry a velvet wrap for your shoulders.

Hi,:) both pieces are very nice but I would also skip the jacket.

In my opinion, it looks very "business oriented" and not something

I would wear on a a cruise. But that is just me.

Yes another vote to ditch the jacket as it could appear too business looking for a cruise.

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose the same sort of outfit you wear to work everyday?

I too would bling it us as others have suggested accessories/shoes etc. Maybe a jazzy or lower cut top if suitable?

Maybe you could wear the jacket to travel to/from the ship depending where you are sailing from?

Honestly...this suit is not for my cruise. I will. E wearing it to an upcoming concert and prior to,that we will be going to dinner. I apologize if I wasn't supposed to post this sort of question on this forum.

I was just looking for suggestions because everyone here seems to know. And while I have to wear black everyday at work, believe me the suit that I wear is of the cheapest quality along with the shirt that I have to wear with it to work.

But thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks, I have numerous shoes to pick from, but my hair is in a pixie cut (not too much to do there...lol). I like the idea of a sparkly silver shell underneath.

There are ways to dress up short hair. Take with your hairdresser.

I've had short hair since kindergarten, including a pixie.

Awesome suit OP! I'd definitely wear it on a cruise, or concert or wherever. In fact I just bought a pinstripe suit to wear on my next two cruises. I love suits, when worn well they never go out of style, and you look good anywhere. Personally I'd dress it up with thin multistrand gold chains, similar to this, and a complimentary pair of earrings.

I'm a bit miffed as I really like the outfit and thought I'd go with the vest and pants look they had on there, but it would be that they're out of my size in Navy. Bummer. I'll check again before my other cruise next month.

Honestly...this suit is not for my cruise. I will. E wearing it to an upcoming concert and prior to,that we will be going to dinner. I apologize if I wasn't supposed to post this sort of question on this forum.

I was just looking for suggestions because everyone here seems to know. And while I have to wear black everyday at work, believe me the suit that I wear is of the cheapest quality along with the shirt that I have to wear with it to work.

But thanks for your suggestions.

No...you can ask:) but I think most of were thinking you were going

to wear it on the cruise.;)

I would wear a black suit with a long sleeved silk blouse with a collar, low cut to show a bit of cleavage. I'd choose a blouse which was buttoned and that had long cuffs with buttons too. Colour preference would be cream or pink.

I'd wear a simple court shoe in black patent with a bit of detailing on it. I'd wear a statement ring and a small pair of earrings, but not a necklace.

I would wear a black suit with a long sleeved silk blouse with a collar, low cut to show a bit of cleavage. I'd choose a blouse which was buttoned and that had long cuffs with buttons too. Colour preference would be cream or pink.

I'd wear a simple court shoe in black patent with a bit of detailing on it. I'd wear a statement ring and a small pair of earrings, but not a necklace.

Hey, I like the idea of a pink shirt that is buttoned. I own quite a few of Jones New York shirts like that. I wear my hair in a pixie and would definitely need medium-sized earrings. Tell me, what is a "simple court shoe?"

Hey, I like the idea of a pink shirt that is buttoned. I own quite a few of Jones New York shirts like that. I wear my hair in a pixie and would definitely need medium-sized earrings. Tell me, what is a "simple court shoe?"

A court shoe is what we Americans call a pump.

Archived