Need informtion comparing Crystal and Regent

dkrom96

We've sailed twice with Regent (Mariner) and would prefer to sail with Regent again as we are very pleased with Regent. However, our schedule rules out Regent and instead Crystal (Serentiy) has the itinerary that meets our schedule for next summer (Baltic). Would appreciate any info from those of you who have experience with both lines . I'm aware that Crystal does not inlcude air, excursions and suites (am planning to book Deluxe with Veranda) are smaller. Also, Crystal appears to be more expensive than Regent. Thanks for any info regarding Crystal vs Regent.

We've sailed twice with Regent (Mariner) and would prefer to sail with Regent again as we are very pleased with Regent. However, our schedule rules out Regent and instead Crystal (Serentiy) has the itinerary that meets our schedule for next summer (Baltic). Would appreciate any info from those of you who have experience with both lines . I'm aware that Crystal does not inlcude air, excursions and suites (am planning to book Deluxe with Veranda) are smaller. Also, Crystal appears to be more expensive than Regent. Thanks for any info regarding Crystal vs Regent.

Crystal is not more expensive than Regent but rather the other way round. Granted as you said cabins are much smaller unless you go to a Penthouse Suite to get the equivalent space as you would on Regent. Food and Service is excellent on Crystal especially in Silk Road specialty restaurant.

Crystal is going thru some growing pains currently regarding the All Inclusive format they just went on a couple of months ago but I am sure they will have it all sorted out by the time your cruise comes around.

I would also check out Seabourn if I were you as they do a variety of Baltic cruises as well on the Sojourn and the Pride next summer.

I'll be following these posts carefully, as we're also interested in the Baltic for next summer. We're on a Regents repo cruise across the south Atlantic in Nov. We were on Regent at least 6/8 years ago and loved the line, but it's been a long time since then.

My daughter and I were on a short Mediterrean cruise aboard Crystal in April. They had just gone AI. We totally LOVED it! We were in their most inexpensive cabin on the promenade deck. In "bangs for the bucks", it couldn't be beat.

So we'll be looking and comparing very carefully. The track is fast with all of the AIs, so we'll see who wins our booking.

We think Crystal is different than Regent when it comes to at sea activities & cabins. Crystal wins with their lectures & Regent wins with their cabins. Cuisine is a toss up,, but Sebourne wins hands down when it comes to awesome food & intimate alfresco dining.

They are all strong as to general cuisine and service.

Rule of large numbers: You can hear anecdotal evidence of good or bad for all cruise lines. So, don't put too much faith into any one story that you might hear on Cruise Critic. You're lucky that you get to choose between so many excellent cruise lines.

I go along with that excellent advice, drib.:)

I go along with that excellent advice, drib.:)

Ditto...Very reasonable post

One thing that edges Regent out for us is the included internet after 21 days

However finding short itineraries 7 days or so around holiday time and breaks is difficult so we are looking at other lines as well

I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my request with such thoughtful comments. It's going to be Crystal but I know we'll (we're a multi generational traveling family ) miss Regent in many ways. I'll be sure to post upon our return. In the meantime, further comments will always be welcome.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my request with such thoughtful comments. It's going to be Crystal but I know we'll (we're a multi generational traveling family ) miss Regent in many ways. I'll be sure to post upon our return. In the meantime, further comments will always be welcome.

I just posted this on the Crystal CC board (I lurk several boards). You can't go wrong. Crystal is fabulous! Honestly, the best food (yes, subjective, I know), the most huggable staff (although Regent, SeaDream, Celebrity come close. . .see where I'm going with this), and with the itinerary and schedule working for you, well. . .how lucky for you!

we've sailed Regent several times and honestly, we've enjoyed every single voyage - but we did try a Crystal holiday last year and found several areas where, for us, we prefer Crystal - food, service, pricing, and ship layout ..... Regent does have larger suites, but we didn't find Crystal to be too small for us -

the atmosphere in the evening is more formal (but not overly so) on Crystal, and I must admit, I wasn't looking forward to the formal nights, but honestly, they were no problem at all -

choice is good - we're lucky to have such a choice! - and for us right now, Crystal is our preferred line, but Regent is great too -

Archived