Special diets and speciality restaurants.

maz48

I have to be on a low fat and non alcohol diet for medical reasons. I think I will be fine in the MDR, though would like more than the plain items usually offered and I should be fine at the other food places.

However my husband would like to go to the speciality restaurants(we are in a suite) so do they deal with special diets? On one cruise line on just one cruise, it was just impossible to get tasty food, they were not interested, even though this particular diet is nothing too hard for them.

Thank you.

I have to be on a low fat and non alcohol diet for medical reasons. I think I will be fine in the MDR, though would like more than the plain items usually offered and I should be fine at the other food places.

However my husband would like to go to the speciality restaurants(we are in a suite) so do they deal with special diets? On one cruise line on just one cruise, it was just impossible to get tasty food, they were not interested, even though this particular diet is nothing too hard for them.

Thank you.

Hi,:) I would suggest you speak with Maitr'd in person and let him

know what your are lookiing for~they are usually quite accomodating.

As above speak with the Ma it'd in the Dining Room the first day. For Specialty Restaurants phone the night before if possible or before noon and ask to speak to the head person there. Tell them what you need.

I need low salt, sugar, etc. I get the meal plan 24 hours before and choose what I want then they prepare it with what I am allowed. When I first board I seek out where they are changing table and times (in one of the restaurants around 1-4 pm. I speak with a ma it'd there so I can find out what is on the menu. I bring a pen and paper and write down what I want.

I go to my room and phone the dining room and per-order dinner with explanation of what I can and can not have. When I go to dinner I tell them I pre-ordered and ask for the Mar it'd. I tell him/her what I need done. They ensure that I can the menu to order from at the end of the meal. I order for the next day with the help on the Mar it'd.

For Specialty restaurants I phone them up or go the night before and pre-order. This works for me.

Archived