Upsell email

Scarlett824

We got visited by the upsell fairy for our Oct 29 Miracle cruise. :cool: We went from a 7A obstructed balcony on deck 5 to an 8K extended balcony on deck 7 for $40.

This is the first time in 10 cruises I ever received an upsell offer. And the first time we will be in an extended balcony. I'm happy. :D

Should be large enough for 2 lounge chairs :D

If by some chance you dont have them already, ask your cabin steward for them. I know they do move them around, and people want different chairs. I want upright chairs for reading, but some like the lounge chairs.

They should have extras they can go get for you.

We had one on the Miracle last year and it had two regular chairs. Asked the steward for lounge chairs and she said the cabin could not get them as it was a safety issue.

Asked her why that would be and she said she didnt know. Didnt make an issue of it and let it go.

Could be she didnt want to be bothered.

It is actually a little deeper, not longer, so no room really for a lounge. The good ghing is you don't have to climb over someones lap to pass them to get into you cabin door.

I don't know how it happens but everytime, my husband sits clsest to the door, and guess who gets to fetch the drinks? Extended makes it much better.

We've had this upsell email for our last 2 cruises with Carnival. The first I got it and my inlaws didn't, but we both used the codes successfully. This last cruise they got it and I didn't. I'm wondering what their criteria is for sending out those emails? We both had the same cabin type, but they only have 2 and we have 4 in the room.

Either way, we were happy with the results. $40 is a great deal for a better room location. I told the woman who did ours - I bet you have the best job in the house! Everyone is happy to speak to her!!! :-)

Congrats!

Shawn

Archived