What to carry on

mmm6075

Hi,

I was wondering what items we should carry on and what we should check. I plan on bringing some alcohol aborad (secretly)so how should I do that? I am also bringing a camcorder and a camera, plus film and videotapes.

Thanks

Mike

9?12 ELATION countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

carry it all on with you. i took 2 bottles of wine ( openly on the carnival spirit ) and not a word was said about them. also you might want a change of clothes or bathing suit to put on before your luggage gets too the cabin. of course have all medicines with you. any valuables should be with you all the times untill you get to the cabin. have a great cruise.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

icon_cool.gifThe best advice I received from these CC boards was to pack some shorts and bathing suits in your carryon. You don't receive your luggage until hours after you arrive. . If you pack your shorts and bathing suit you can change and relax by the pool with a drink instead of walking around in your traveling clothes. I also pack an extra pair of underwear just in case my luggage gets lost I have something for the next day. icon_wink.gif

Got2Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;7;11;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till we sail ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS,

Take the change of clothes and swimwear in your carry on bags but most importantly take ALL your electronic gear with you too. Do NOT pack it with your checked luggage, other posters have some tails to tell about bags being ripped/cut open or just plain unzipped and had their gear ransacked and valuables taken. Electronic equipment such as cameras, video recorders and laptops and also jewellery are easy targets for thieves, mostly it happens at airports but can happen anywhere that your not with your luggage.

Kim

Sapphire Princess Syd - Auk

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;12;23;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+1100

Sun Princess, Alaska 2003

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimba_99

Most lines allow you to bring on wine and champagne, but not hard liquor. We pack our wine in the suitcase, not to hide it, but so we don't have to hand carry it. Wrap the bottles in bubble wrap, then enclose it in 2 gallon ziploc bags (usually found at Target). We then pack the bottles in between layers of clothing, to further protect it. We don't mind paying the corkage fee in the dining room ($10-12), we are not that happy with the wine list, and can save a lot of money bringing our own. Mixed drinks we just buy in the bars, I don't want to worry about smuggling liquor. The plus side to packing in bubble wrap is you can pack any breakable souvenirs in it for the journey back home.

Always pack your valuable items in carry on (cameras, jewelry, medication). We used to pack an outfit to change into for dinner, but now we dress nice for embarkation and plan on staying in our clothes for dinner. (This only really works if you travel a day or so prior to embarkation, or live close to the port) We like to carry on our toiletries and unpack that stuff right away, it makes for less unpacking time once the bags get there.

Once we find our cabin, unpack our carry on, jump up and down for a while, we have to explore every square inch of the ship. We never seem to have the time to go to the pool the first day, too much to see.

I love the pre-planning down to the last detail!

Kathy

• 1 year later...

We also carry-on one set of formal wear apiece, a casual and a semi-casual outfit and shoes to match. Don't want luggage lost somewhere (like a previous poster on this board) and be without a basic wardrobe.

carry it all on with you. i took 2 bottles of wine ( openly on the carnival spirit ) and not a word was said about them.

Of course nothing will be said because wine is allowed, as are soft drinks.

However, hard liquor and beer are not allowed, so must be hidden in checked luggage if you bring it. If found, it will be confiscated.

We have taken 4 bottles of wine and champagne in a carry on - we just wrap a t-shirt or some clothing aorund them - not so much as to hide them but to protect them a little in case we get bumped around. We, of course pack cameras and a change of clothing in the carry on. I take passports, money, medication, etc. in my purse.

Put the booze in plastic bags and wrap it in clothing.

I always take my bathing suit, jewelry, makeup and shampoo etc and a change of clothing. I just packed the overnight bags for everyone yesterday. I also packed water wings for the boys (I detest those things. people rely on them to hold the kids up but if supervised I can live with them. They were a gift for their birthdays).

Oh and sunscreen.

Once we find our cabin, unpack our carry on, jump up and down for a while, we have to explore every square inch of the ship. We never seem to have the time to go to the pool the first day, too much to see. Kathy

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one that does this.....I'm a 39 year old woman acting like my 4 year old nephew....looking in every nook and cranny to see what's there.......! I even get all excited about the toiletries they leave for you....of course..I immediately put those in my suitcase cause I love to use those at home!:D

After 6 cruises, this was the first time I took a carry on - bathing suit, shorts, dinner outfit etc - everything I could need for the first day/night. Lo and behold - this was the FIRST cruise that I received my luggage BEFORE dinner.

LOL - we got our luggage at our door at 2:00 - we had only eaten lunch and taken a quick tour of the ship. So the trick is to take the carry on and your luggage will show up early! It was worth lugging it around the terminal and into the Windjammer just to have all my luggage waiting for me ;) .

In our carry-on bags we pack our toiletries, jewelry, travel doc's, camera/ video camera, reading materials, snacks, bottled spirits and miscellaneous items that we were not able to fit into our suitcases. Athough we've never packed a change of clothing in the past, this will definitely change when we cruise next June. In the past, we have been very fortunate when it came to lost or delayed luggage, but I've been reading too many "horror" stories about this happening.

One of the most important items mentioned is change of clothes. Hope it does not happen to you, but sometimes luggage does not make it to the ship. In your carry on be sure to have a complete change of smart casual wear including shoes, two pair socks, two pair underwear, and then whatever else.

The point is if you pack a smart casual outfit, you will be able to dress for dinner. And you will have a change of clothes to wear while laundering the other pair.

If you're traveling as a couple, cross pack your checked luggage. Don't put all of his in one, and hers in the other. Put half and half. Again, if one bag makes it and one goes missing, its not an entire loss. You have enough to "punt".

Archived