NCL Epic - Rountrip from Civitavecchia - Loved it

Yankee123

You are most welcome. I am really glad I can help.

In Civitavecchia, there are very few guests getting off so I wouldn't see a problem at all. We didn't have a tour, and we were able to walk off with literally no body ahead of us. We did see people waiting at the pier, I guess for their rides, so people did get off before us. It was extremely simple for us.

Hope you have the same scenario.

• 9 months later...

Thanks so much for this review. Our family of 7, my parents ages 77 and 72, my husband and myself, son age 20, daughter 12 and a female friend, we will be doing this cruise in may 2014.

I'm worrying over the details, your review is so helpful as to what to reserve on the ship, which cruise excursions to take, pretty much asking the same tours you chose except for Livorno, which we will choose to stay on ship as we are spending 3 days in florence pre cruise.

Your photos tip ism very important too. We are boarding from civitavechia as well

Thank you and I'm glad you had a happy and safe trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
You are most welcome. I am really glad I can help.

In Civitavecchia, there are very few guests getting off so I wouldn't see a problem at all. We didn't have a tour, and we were able to walk off with literally no body ahead of us. We did see people waiting at the pier, I guess for their rides, so people did get off before us. It was extremely simple for us.

Hope you have the same scenario.

I know this is an old post - but I'm wondering what your arrival to port time was. We are also considering an 11:20a flight, and it states we arrive in port at 6am. Is disembark usually 2 hours or 1 hour after arriving? I was hoping to be off by 7:00-7:15a. Thanks!

I believe we were back in Citavecchia Port about 7am. You can request to be off with the first group. Keep in mind the port back to Rome is about an hour drive. So, for 11am you are cutting it too close in my opinion.

Thanks! We are set to arrive at 6am. I am thinking the 11:55 might be a better choice?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be taking this cruise in four weeks. We start with an 8 day land tour from Venice. We need to get laundry done asap when we get on the Epic. Do you remember when the laundry special was?

Again thanks for the great review.

Steve