When to Upgrade??

California Traveler

I just booked our cruise for 2014 for our 20th anniversary - 11 day Panamal Canal on the Zuiderdam - FLL-FLL. We are booked in a Superior Suite (SY). We would love to have a Deluxe Suite, and fiqured heck it is our 20th let's splurge! We were quoted a $1,100 (per cabin) upcharge. Should we upgrade now or wait until closer to the date and see if we can get a better deal.

Thanks,

CT

I just booked our cruise for 2014 for our 20th anniversary - 11 day Panamal Canal on the Zuiderdam - FLL-FLL. We are booked in a Superior Suite (SY). We would love to have a Deluxe Suite, and fiqured heck it is our 20th let's splurge! We were quoted a $1,100 (per cabin) upcharge. Should we upgrade now or wait until closer to the date and see if we can get a better deal.

Thanks,

CT

that actually sounds like a fairly good early booking price.

Here's the thing - if you wait you can get suite deals. On the other hand they could all be sold out;) There is no right answer to this - it depends upon how badly you want the suite (after all, it's your 20th) or is it just something you'd like but it's not the end of the world?

You can monitor the suites and see how they are selling but a call for an upsell later (until it's past final payment date) may be far more than what they are offering you now.

It's a decison only YOU can make. If your happy with your superior verandah and assuming that the the suites are not sold out - you should get a better offer much later. If you want to be assured of a suite then you might want to go for the gusto now.

No right answer - only what is important to YOU:):)

Thanks,

CT

You could upgrade now and continue to watch the price for price drops, if any. Or you could wait for price drops..in which case the price could go up,not down. It's a toss of the coin. BTW, I looked for your cruise -- couldn't find it. do you have the right dates?

Thanks,

CT

i would do it now. that's only $50/person/day. then, as others have said, watch the prices.

Thanks everyone for your advise, probably will call tomorrow and upgrade.

momatibm - The cruise date is April 7, 2014 - 11 days. It is on their website hard to find, I believe it is the last page (3) for Panama Canal cruises. We could of done the 14 day FLL to San Diego (our home) but the last 3 days are in Mexico - been there, done that..... and more expensive :eek:

It has been 30 years since DH and I have been on a cruise - with our ex's.

CT

Thanks everyone for your advise, probably will call tomorrow and upgrade.

momatibm - The cruise date is April 7, 2014 - 11 days. It is on their website hard to find, I believe it is the last page (3) for Panama Canal cruises. We could of done the 14 day FLL to San Diego (our home) but the last 3 days are in Mexico - been there, done that..... and more expensive :eek:

It has been 30 years since DH and I have been on a cruise - with our ex's.

CT

Now that I found your cruise ---

the price difference between the sy cat and the lowest Deluxe is at least $1000/per person, not cabin. If you call tomorrow and it's still $1100 per cabin jump on it.

Thanks again all for your input - we did decide to upgrade to a Deluxe Suite. We figure it will probably be our first together, and perhaps the last.

We are so excited - assigned suite 6166 - looking forard to it, too bad it is so far off.

I guess it gives me time to do research, look at YouTube videos of the ship, cabins, and tours, etc. :D

CT

Archived