Taino Beach Freeport resort ?'s

kvosu1

I noticed that Carnival is offering a 4 hr trip here with lunch for $99 apiece while we're in Freeport. I was wondering if anybody had any info on this and is it doable on our own. I would rather do it on our own if possible so any and all input would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Are you sure it's to Taino? When I looked up Carnival's beach excursions in Freeport for my cruise (on the Pride), they were all to Port Lucaya or Smith's point.

At any rate (and take this with a grain of salt, this is based on my research, not first hand experience), you can go to Taino Beach without a tour. It's a $7 pp each way taxi ride from the port. You can spend $5 to go to the Junkanoo Beach Club if you want to use the facilities or you should be able to just sit on a towel on the beach for free. There's also supposed to be a great fish shack on the beach,but it sound like it opens later in the afternoon.

My 9/1/2013 Conquest cruise has an excursion to "Taino Beach Adults Retreat with Lunch" however it has a $99 price for children as well as adults. I also looked at the pictures they provide and it is NOT Junkanoo Beach Club, I believe its a timeshare resort that Carnival has hooked up with. I have emailed the Taino Beach resorts and clubs contact email but have not received anything back yet.

Taino Beach is the stretch of beach that Junkanoo Beach Club and this timeshare are both located. For my money, I would take the $10. round trip group cab ride to Port Lucaya and head to the Grand Lucayan and pay $10. each and spend your time there. You can order food and drinks or head across the street to Port Lucaya Marketplace where there are bars and restaurants. Or, take the $7. (each way) group cab ride to Junkanoo Beach Club and pay $5. for a beach chair. They, too, have a restaurant and bar.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time!

Thanks Zubee for your help, the pictures of the time share look awesome. I am still waiting to hear back from them to see if I can do it on my own, but I will not pay the $99 apiece that Carnival wants. I will check out the Grand Lucayan also.

Thanks Zubee for your help, the pictures of the time share look awesome. I am still waiting to hear back from them to see if I can do it on my own, but I will not pay the $99 apiece that Carnival wants. I will check out the Grand Lucayan also.

Please post back if you hear from them. I am also interested in this for my cruise.

I will only post my experience from a couple of years ago. We were staying in Freeport at the Pelican Bay, who has an operating agreement with Taino Beach. We took the private ferry directly to Taino each day. There was a guard shack and we had to show that we were guests at Pelican Bay. The beach is wonderful. This was in January for a long weekend and we had the most perfct weather - mid 80s. Anyone who knows the Bahamas knows that winter weather can be cold. We loved it. The sand was thick and lucious. Rented jet skis (cash only). Ate food from the little place behind us. Great times.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was looking for my Nephew today and there was no day pass. The place is awesome, but not worth $99 especially when I do not drink. I have been there twice with the intent of buying a time share but could not quite get the price where I wanted it.

• 1 month later...

I have never had such a run down excursion experience in my life. Starting with the driver, Anthony who let us know 3 times that he only makes $175 a week and we should show our love with tipping. Nothing to make you feel like a bad person on vacation for wasting money on a cruise while this guy is struggling. The resort itself is very run down. Wish I had noticed the dates of the other reviews. They are form 12 years ago. The chairs are all broken and cracked, the pool finish is worn off, the hot tub was murky at best and filled with dirt and sand. The paint in the hot tub had all chipped off. It was a HUGE waste of money and I would tell all of you not to go. It was the only excursion we planned and would have done better to stay on the ship. :(