In-suite bar setup and possibility of taking a picnic ashore?

Scott1sh

Hi All,

In a few weeks we will be boarding The Cloud for a quick five night voyage from Barcelona to Rome (I set up a roll-call, but no takers thus far).

When we travelled with Silversea in 2010, there was space in the guest information form to provide details of your preferences for the in-suite bar. The section seems to have disappeared. Has the policy changed? If it's simply a case of advising your butler on embarkation, that's fine. However, it won't be a great start to my voyage if it transpires that my beloved Grey Goose is unavailable :rolleyes:

On a separate note, we are hoping for a day on the beach at St Tropez. I'm assuming that there will be no problem borrowing a couple of beach towels, but has anybody got any experience of asking Silversea for a picnic to take ashore?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance...

Hi All,

On a separate note, we are hoping for a day on the beach at St Tropez. I'm assuming that there will be no problem borrowing a couple of beach towels, but has anybody got any experience of asking Silversea for a picnic to take ashore?

No food from a ship is allowed ashore . This an International/national

regulation to control the spread of animal & plant disease that has no

natural controls .

Hi All,

In a few weeks we will be boarding The Cloud for a quick five night voyage from Barcelona to Rome (I set up a roll-call, but no takers thus far).

When we travelled with Silversea in 2010, there was space in the guest information form to provide details of your preferences for the in-suite bar. The section seems to have disappeared. Has the policy changed? If it's simply a case of advising your butler on embarkation, that's fine. However, it won't be a great start to my voyage if it transpires that my beloved Grey Goose is unavailable :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance...

Just ask your butler for the Grey Goose 1:75 liter (of course) and have him take care of your picnic,that's what they're there for! Bon Voyage..

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Whisper in May this year and twice asked our butler to arrange a picnic to take ashore with us. Both times we wre provided with a lovely selection of sandwiches, drinks, fruit and snacks. You can request any thing you want. There was absolutely no problem with doing this and no sugestion of hygiene restrictions. They even had specific cool bags to carry everything in.

As always with Silversea, ask and you shall be given....

• 4 months later...
We were on the Whisper in May this year and twice asked our butler to arrange a picnic to take ashore with us. Both times we wre provided with a lovely selection of sandwiches, drinks, fruit and snacks. You can request any thing you want. There was absolutely no problem with doing this and no sugestion of hygiene restrictions. They even had specific cool bags to carry everything in.

As always with Silversea, ask and you shall be given....

As I continue to read random posts here about the tlc that SilverSea pours on every guest, making the travel experience just, oh sooooo prefect, i can't help but smile & smile. Soon, it'll be our turn to come gone with memories of moments that took or breath away & owe most of it to the wonderful staff & coordinators of SilverSea! Of coarse, the rest will be owed to the gorgeous cities, towns, architecture, food, culture & landscape/seascape of all the places we'll visit! Come soon, April, come soon but go by slowly!

Archived