Eurodam string quartet

Strathmore

They do not always play on all ships in the dining room. On our Amsterdam cruise they never played in the dining room -- not even on formal nights.

Also on one of our recent cruises they were part of one of the shows and did not play in the Explorer's Lounge.

Years ago it was the Rosario Strings, then we got the Adagio Strings. On the Amsterdam we had the Moonlight Trio.

Many of us remember the 'old' Rosario Strings that played every night in the dining room and then in Explorer's Lounge. We've watched the evolution to Adagio Strings and I'm happy they still have quartet/trio and hope that remains a feature always available on HAL ships.

I was on the Eurodam on the July 31 Baltic Gems. They normally played from 6 to 11 pm in the Explorers Lounge. Exceptions were formal nights: 7 to 8pm and 9 to 11 pm in Explorers Lounge with them playing in the MDR from 5:45 to 6:20pm and 8 to 8:30 pm. Another exception is if they play on the Main Stage (They cannot be two places at once.)

I very much enjoyed the string quartet. Between the Rotterdam (14 day North Cape) and the Eurodam, I usually spent 2 hours each evening listening to them.

Also big fan of the Strings in Explorer's Lounge. Became a nightly pre-dinner tradition. Watch for the 2-for-1 drink special! Seem to recall that they tended to alternate between show tunes / "pops" on one night, classical the other, then rotated back and forth. I'm sure they must be tired to death of the Pachelbel "Canon," but it is so sweet to sit there and hear them play it.

Archived