info for the new kids

sasue

We've been following this message board for several months after making our reservations on the Spirit, and we look forward to meeting you if you're on the September 24th Vence to Athens trip. If we like it maybe we'll meet others on a future Silversea trip. This is not our first cruise, but it will be our first experience on Silversea and we have a couple of questions:

How do they handle the first night in Venice? Is there a curfew, or can we reboard the ship at any time? After flying in from the USA we probably won't be ready for a late night, but in case we get our second wind we'd like to know what we can do.

Many contributors have written about special dinner orders that we understand can be ordered 24 hours in advance. Other than Steak Diane and Dover Sole, what have you ordered that was really outstanding?

Thank you, and we're looking forward to making your acquaintance.

I never thought about a curfew! If you're overnighting in Venice, I'm sure you can stay out as late as you wish. I don't ever remember seeing an "all aboard" deadline when the ship stayed overnight in any port.

Agree, if you're docked (which you will be in Venice).

Have seen tenders stop operating at 1AM or therabouts, when we were in Sorrento overnight, at anchor. So from 1AM - 8AM, you had to swim.

I never thought about a curfew! If you're overnighting in Venice, I'm sure you can stay out as late as you wish. I don't ever remember seeing an "all aboard" deadline when the ship stayed overnight in any port.

When the street lights go on and your mother tells you to come in!

We have just returned from a Spirit cruise which overnighted in Venice. As we had been in Venice for several days, we didn't leave the ship the first night. The only thought I might have which could be helpful; the little shuttle bus from the maritime terminal to the ship would certainly have a quitting time..don't know the hours of operation. Without the shuttle, you would have a rather long walk...doable but .... Why not check in, unpack, have a glass or few of wine, then go out for an early informal cafe dinner? You'd still have the longish walk, but at least you wouldn't be out too late. There are some nice cafes along the Zatterre. You can Google the area close by the Maritime Terminal. Lovely views, strolling families. Cheers! You'll have a great time!

We've been following this message board for several months after making our reservations on the Spirit, and we look forward to meeting you if you're on the September 24th Vence to Athens trip. If we like it maybe we'll meet others on a future Silversea trip. This is not our first cruise, but it will be our first experience on Silversea and we have a couple of questions:

How do they handle the first night in Venice? Is there a curfew, or can we reboard the ship at any time? After flying in from the USA we probably won't be ready for a late night, but in case we get our second wind we'd like to know what we can do.

Many contributors have written about special dinner orders that we understand can be ordered 24 hours in advance. Other than Steak Diane and Dover Sole, what have you ordered that was really outstanding?

Thank you, and we're looking forward to making your acquaintance.

See you next Monday. Our first Silversea Cruise too... Cant Wait.

Archived